REPORT: House Democratic push to raise minimum wage opens party rift
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
LEESBURG, Va. — House Democrats, who repeatedly promised “bigger paychecks” as they campaigned for the majority last year, have found their efforts to raise the federal minimum wage for the first time since 2007 stalled due to an internal rift over the amount of the hike.
Minimum-wage increases have been a core campaign plank for Democrats going back decades, and a sizable majority of the party’s House caucus has coalesced around a bill that would raise it from the current $7.25 per hour to $15 by 2024.
The article goes on to state the following:
But there is not universal agreement. The $15-an-hour legislation remains a handful of votes short of the 218 it needs to pass the House, and a small group of centrist members — many representing rural areas where both wages and living costs are low — are pushing an alternative bill that would adjust the federal minimum wage region by region to account for those differences.
Passing a minimum-wage hike should be a chip-shot field goal for House Democrats.
Well … it’s not. https://t.co/kdNcQCqdHO
— Mike DeBonis (@mikedebonis) April 12, 2019
— ModerateVoters.org (@ModerateVoters) April 4, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: State Dems approve mega-millions in tuition aid for illegal immigrants – after blocking same for Gold Star families
- REPORT: Lori Loughlin’s DAUGHTER under investigation for college sacndal
- VIDEO: Pelosi undermines Trump abroad on US-UK trade deal
- REPORT: Fired DOJ official blasts President Trump in TIME 100 bio on Robert Mueller
- REPORT: Department of Correction officer busted for drunk driving on FDR Drive
- EXCLUSIVE: Filmmaker reveals SOLUTION to immigration crisis that everyone is ignoring (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Federal judge compares Trump to Ku Klux Klan and Jim Crow segregationists
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- REPORT: Fox News personality to become Treasury spokesperson
- REPORT: Trump makes first direct comments about running against Buttigieg (Audio)