REPORT: House Democrats may ditch rule allowing lawmakers to keep, carry firearms on Capitol grounds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Democrats are looking to get rid of a 50-year-old Capitol Hill regulation that allows members of Congress to keep guns in their offices and carry them on Capitol grounds.
“I don’t think we can just keep looking the other way or sweep this issue under the rug,” California Democratic Rep. Jared Huffman, who has been spearheading the effort, told The Washington Post. “Our political climate is too volatile and there are too many warning signs that we need to address things like this.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Huffman has pushed the issue for months, but recently gained the support of Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., who is seeking a return to the House speakership as Democrats take the majority in early January.
House Democrats are looking to get rid of a 50-year-old Capitol Hill regulation that allows members of Congress to keep guns in their offices and carry them on Capitol grounds.https://t.co/zZbeewZg8T
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter