REPORT: House Democrats may ditch rule allowing lawmakers to keep, carry firearms on Capitol grounds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Democrats are looking to get rid of a 50-year-old Capitol Hill regulation that allows members of Congress to keep guns in their offices and carry them on Capitol grounds.
“I don’t think we can just keep looking the other way or sweep this issue under the rug,” California Democratic Rep. Jared Huffman, who has been spearheading the effort, told The Washington Post. “Our political climate is too volatile and there are too many warning signs that we need to address things like this.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Huffman has pushed the issue for months, but recently gained the support of Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., who is seeking a return to the House speakership as Democrats take the majority in early January.
House Democrats are looking to get rid of a 50-year-old Capitol Hill regulation that allows members of Congress to keep guns in their offices and carry them on Capitol grounds.https://t.co/zZbeewZg8T
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- BREAKING: FBI Releases Key Steele Dossier Document
- Trump Tweet: Outrage over new discovery on texts between Strzok and Page
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide
- REPORT: As ICE releases migrant families by the hundreds, churches and businesses step up to help