REPORT: House Democrats may ditch rule allowing lawmakers to keep, carry firearms on Capitol grounds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Democrats are looking to get rid of a 50-year-old Capitol Hill regulation that allows members of Congress to keep guns in their offices and carry them on Capitol grounds.
“I don’t think we can just keep looking the other way or sweep this issue under the rug,” California Democratic Rep. Jared Huffman, who has been spearheading the effort, told The Washington Post. “Our political climate is too volatile and there are too many warning signs that we need to address things like this.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Huffman has pushed the issue for months, but recently gained the support of Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., who is seeking a return to the House speakership as Democrats take the majority in early January.
House Democrats are looking to get rid of a 50-year-old Capitol Hill regulation that allows members of Congress to keep guns in their offices and carry them on Capitol grounds.https://t.co/zZbeewZg8T
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Our leaders will never defend our borders – and world knows it and is coming for our wealth
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales