REPORT: House Democrats pursuing testimony from Jeff Sessions regarding impeachment investigation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee are reportedly pursuing testimony from former Attorney General Jeff Sessions regarding their impeachment probe into President Trump.
Democrats allegedly want to question Sessions about his unsteady relationship with Trump, including his decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation, according to the Washington Post.
The article goes on to state the following:
Officials familiar with the matter told the Post that congressional aides for the Judiciary Committee reached out over the summer to Charles Cooper, an attorney for Sessions, but Cooper insisted that the former head of the Justice Department would only comply with the request if forced by a subpoena.
Cooper told the Post he’s made it clear that Sessions “will not appear except under compulsion of a congressional subpoena.”
A subpoena has not yet been issued.
Dems have been talking w/an attorney for Sessions since this summer. He wants them to subpoena Sessions, whom Trump never forgave after he recused himself from the Russia investigation.
Eventually earned him the nickname Mr. MaGoo from POTUS https://t.co/hXB5usbRmg
— Rachael Bade (@rachaelmbade) September 13, 2019
— Seung Min Kim (@seungminkim) September 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace challenges Hakeem Jeffries’ claim that souvenir pen ceremony was ‘solemn’
- VIDEO: Graham announces probability of dismissing impeachment articles right away
- REPORT: New Jersey cop makes devastating decision as first responders tried to rescue him from crash
- REPORT: Horrific accident involving 2 cars leaves woman dead
- REPORT: 10 year-old injury leads to death — and a homicide ruling
- REPORT: Democratic lawmaker dismisses Nunes lawsuit threat: ‘Take your letter and shove it’
- REPORT: Popular Dem says Bidens will become the ‘bigger scandal’ if they testify
- REPORT: Missing California couple found dead in Mexico
- REPORT: Biden campaign issues warning to media ahead of impeachment trial
- VIDEO: Cruise line makes claim about granddad holding tot before she fell off ship