REPORT: House Democrats seeking testimony from two Mueller deputies
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats reportedly want to hear from two of former special counsel Robert Mueller’s deputies in closed-door testimony next week as Mueller himself prepares to testify before two House committees.
The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday that Democratic lawmakers on the Judiciary and Intelligence panels are hoping to secure testimony from James Quarles and Aaron Zebley, two prosecutors with the Justice Department who previously worked on Mueller’s team. Their requests come as Attorney GeneralWilliam Barrhas threatened to block any of Mueller’s aides from testifying.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sources close to the Democratic efforts to secure testimony from Mueller and his team told the Journal that discussions with the Justice Department and between the two committees remain ongoing, adding that the larger House Judiciary Committee has indicated concerns that not all of its members may be able to take part in questioning the former special counsel.
Mueller himself is scheduled to testify in open hearings on July 17. The White House said it won’t prevent him from testifying, but Attorney General William Barr said Monday that he was “disappointed to see [Mueller] subpoenaed” as it doesn’t serve any purpose.
“It seems to me the only reason for doing that is to create some kind of public spectacle,” Barr told reporters. “And if Bob decides that he doesn’t want to be subject to that, then Department of Justice would certainly back him.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Justice Dept unseals 11-count indictment linked to Russian bribery, Uranium One
- POLL: Will Trump’s decision to abandon the Kurds in Syria hurt his chances for reelection?
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- BREAKING: Key Cabinet Member Tells Trump He Will Resign After Ukraine Controversy
- REPORT: Jim Acosta fires off tweets aimed at Trump’s presidential address
- PHOTO: Stormy Daniels announces Playboy photo shoot
- CLAIM: Secret Document Reveals China Covertly Offering Missiles and Aid to N. Korea
- REPORT: ICE identifies hundreds of migrants lying about their family status
- POLL: Should Fox News bring Megyn Kelly back to their network?