REPORT: House Democrats slow-walk rollout of compulsory anti-harassment training
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
More than 100 days into the 116th Congress, House members and staffers are yet to take anti-harassment training, a key reform rolled out as part of lawmakers’ response to a slew of #MeToo allegations made on Capitol Hill.
Rep. Mark Walker, R-N.C., a member of the House Administration Committee charged with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the chamber, including workplace rights and responsibilities education, on Monday will send a letter to Democrats on the panel demanding to know what’s behind the holdup.
The article goes on to state the following:
The anti-harassment and anti-discrimination program, along with modules on cybersecurity safety and ethics, comprise the compulsory training all members, aides, and employees of the House of Representatives must complete every year since the House agreed in November 2017 to regulations mandating it be taken within certain time frames. However, the House has to bind itself to the curriculum of each new Congress through a resolution usually passed by unanimous consent.
The Washington Examiner further reported:
Congress was rocked in 2017 when female House members testified that they were aware of at least three sitting lawmakers guilty of sexual misconduct and Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas, Rep. Ruben Kihuen, D-Nev., and Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., either resigned or did not seek reelection due to revelations of alleged sexual misdeeds. Anti-harassment and anti-discrimination education was among the first initiatives introduced in reaction to the controversies.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march