REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The House passed a Democratic-backed emergency disaster relief bill on Wednesday that includes an amendment funding the federal government through early February.
The bill passed in a 237-187 vote, with six Republicans joining Democrats in voting for the measure, which would reopen parts of the government and fund them through Feb. 8.
The article goes on to state the following:
The legislation introduced by House Appropriations Chairwoman Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.) would provide $12.1 billion in disaster relief funding for areas impacted by Hurricane Florence, Hurricane Michael, the California wildfires and other areas impacted by natural disasters last year.
The measure is not expected to be taken up in the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has vowed to not bring any spending measure to reopen the government to the floor unless President Trump has signaled he will sign it.
— The Hill (@thehill) January 16, 2019
6 House Republicans voted Yes on $14.17 billion disaster aid bill with short-term CR to reopen gov’t thru Feb 8 with new no border wall funds included:
— Craig Caplan (@CraigCaplan) January 16, 2019
— CQ Now (@CQnow) January 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)