REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The House passed a Democratic-backed emergency disaster relief bill on Wednesday that includes an amendment funding the federal government through early February.
The bill passed in a 237-187 vote, with six Republicans joining Democrats in voting for the measure, which would reopen parts of the government and fund them through Feb. 8.
The article goes on to state the following:
The legislation introduced by House Appropriations Chairwoman Nita Lowey (D-N.Y.) would provide $12.1 billion in disaster relief funding for areas impacted by Hurricane Florence, Hurricane Michael, the California wildfires and other areas impacted by natural disasters last year.
The measure is not expected to be taken up in the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has vowed to not bring any spending measure to reopen the government to the floor unless President Trump has signaled he will sign it.
— The Hill (@thehill) January 16, 2019
6 House Republicans voted Yes on $14.17 billion disaster aid bill with short-term CR to reopen gov’t thru Feb 8 with new no border wall funds included:
— Craig Caplan (@CraigCaplan) January 16, 2019
— CQ Now (@CQnow) January 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry