REPORT: House does redo vote on bill to reopen government
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The House revoted Wednesday on a Democratic-backed short-term spending bill to fund the government through Feb. 28, passing the legislation in a 229-184 vote.
Democratic leaders brought the measure back up for a vote following chaos on the House floor last week. The measure initially passed the lower chamber in a voice vote on Thursday, but Republicans called foul when their request for a roll call was not granted.
The article goes on to state the following:
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) later requested to vacate that vote and bring the measure back to the floor after lawmakers returned from their three-day holiday weekend.
Six Republicans joined Democrats on Wednesday in voting for the funding bill: GOP Reps. Elise Stefanik(N.Y.), Will Hurd(Texas), John Katko (N.Y.), Chris Smith (N.J.), Jaime Herrera Beutler (Wash.) and Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.).
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) was the lone Democrat to vote against the bill.
— The Hill (@thehill) January 23, 2019
229-184: House passes short-term funding bill to reopen gov’t through February 28 for 2nd time. House initially passed bill by voice vote last week but was voided after Republicans requested recorded vote. Bill does not include new border wall funding. pic.twitter.com/xvmSLZASoi
— Craig Caplan (@CraigCaplan) January 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)