REPORT: House does redo vote on bill to reopen government
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The House revoted Wednesday on a Democratic-backed short-term spending bill to fund the government through Feb. 28, passing the legislation in a 229-184 vote.
Democratic leaders brought the measure back up for a vote following chaos on the House floor last week. The measure initially passed the lower chamber in a voice vote on Thursday, but Republicans called foul when their request for a roll call was not granted.
The article goes on to state the following:
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) later requested to vacate that vote and bring the measure back to the floor after lawmakers returned from their three-day holiday weekend.
Six Republicans joined Democrats on Wednesday in voting for the funding bill: GOP Reps. Elise Stefanik(N.Y.), Will Hurd(Texas), John Katko (N.Y.), Chris Smith (N.J.), Jaime Herrera Beutler (Wash.) and Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.).
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) was the lone Democrat to vote against the bill.
— The Hill (@thehill) January 23, 2019
229-184: House passes short-term funding bill to reopen gov’t through February 28 for 2nd time. House initially passed bill by voice vote last week but was voided after Republicans requested recorded vote. Bill does not include new border wall funding. pic.twitter.com/xvmSLZASoi
— Craig Caplan (@CraigCaplan) January 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet