REPORT: House does redo vote on bill to reopen government
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The House revoted Wednesday on a Democratic-backed short-term spending bill to fund the government through Feb. 28, passing the legislation in a 229-184 vote.
Democratic leaders brought the measure back up for a vote following chaos on the House floor last week. The measure initially passed the lower chamber in a voice vote on Thursday, but Republicans called foul when their request for a roll call was not granted.
The article goes on to state the following:
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) later requested to vacate that vote and bring the measure back to the floor after lawmakers returned from their three-day holiday weekend.
Six Republicans joined Democrats on Wednesday in voting for the funding bill: GOP Reps. Elise Stefanik(N.Y.), Will Hurd(Texas), John Katko (N.Y.), Chris Smith (N.J.), Jaime Herrera Beutler (Wash.) and Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.).
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) was the lone Democrat to vote against the bill.
— The Hill (@thehill) January 23, 2019
229-184: House passes short-term funding bill to reopen gov’t through February 28 for 2nd time. House initially passed bill by voice vote last week but was voided after Republicans requested recorded vote. Bill does not include new border wall funding. pic.twitter.com/xvmSLZASoi
— Craig Caplan (@CraigCaplan) January 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: LA residents fed up with officials, demand change after homeless crisis spirals in city
- REPORT: Trump blasts Google over report of manipulated voters
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: Trump trolls with meme of Trump Tower in Greenland
- VIDEO: FEC chair: Trump is ‘damaging to our democracy’
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- UPDATE: HUD moves to crack down on undocumented immigrants in public housing
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry