REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Thomas Massie scolded a witness who alleged that “nobody” has died because of lack of access to a gun during a hearing on voter identification laws.
Massie, a Kentucky Republican, questioned three witnesses on Wednesday about their opposition to voter identification laws. The witnesses presented evidence that showed local laws requiring a state-issued photo identification card to vote disproportionately affected minorities.
The article goes on to state the following:
During his questioning, Massie asked each of the witnesses if they agreed that identification requirements for purchasing a firearm infringe on the rights of minorities in the same way that requiring an identification to vote disenfranchises voters.
While two witnesses “dodged the question,” according to the Examiner, Teaching for Change board member Timothy Jenkins noted the Second Amendment subject change.
“Let the record show that nobody has died because of their being deprived of their guns,” Jenkins said.
“Mr. Jenkins, that’s absolutely false,” Massie replied. “I can give you multiple examples.”
“I had a staffer, Nikki Goeser, who worked for me,” Massie said. “She watched her husband be gunned down in front of her in a gun-free zone because her firearm… She followed the law and left her firearm in the vehicle.
“So, do not tell me and do not tell her that nobody has ever died because they were deprived of their right to keep and bear arms,” Massie said.
Rep. Thomas Massie scolded a witness who alleged that “nobody” has died because of lack of access to a gun during a hearing on voter identification laws.https://t.co/CLIp39zQDp
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 26, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- About (ratings)
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene