REPORT: House votes on pro-NATO resolution hours after Trump criticism
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The House on Wednesday unanimously approved a resolution supporting NATO just hours after President Trump rebuked the intergovernmental military alliance.
The House approved the nonbinding measure by voice vote. The Senate passed a similar resolution on Tuesday by a vote of 97-2. Republican Sens. Mike Lee, of Utah, and Rand Paul, of Kentucky, voted against the Senate measure.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hours before the House vote, Trump, who is attending at NATO summit in Brussels, criticized the alliance by attacking Germany’s reliance on Russian gas. Trump also called for NATO nations to pay more to support the alliance.
“What good is NATO if Germany is paying Russia billions of dollars for gas and energy?” Trump tweeted later.
“Why are there only 5 out of 29 countries that have met their commitment? The U.S. is paying for Europe’s protection, then loses billions on Trade. Must pay 2% of GDP IMMEDIATELY, not by 2025.”
House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., defended NATO Wednesday as “indispensable,” but also said he backed Trump’s call for nations in the alliance to pay the 2 percent of GDP they owe. Trump later said NATO countries should spend up to 4 percent of GDP.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne fires back at show after character killed off
- BREAKING: Honduran migrant caravan swells to 4,000 as U.S. border crossings spike
- VIDEO: Chief Justice Roberts Breaks Silence On Kavanaugh Fight
- BREAKING: U.S. Treasury senior official arrested, charged with leaking info on ex-Trump advisers
- VIDEO: Democrat senator McCaskill responds to undercover video with fierce allegation, as Part 2 released
- REPORT: State Department provided ‘clearly false’ statements to derail requests for Clinton docs, ‘shocked’ federal judge says
- BREAKING: Dem candidates for Congress raise record-shattering money for midterms
- REPORT: Audio Offers Gruesome Details of Jamal Khashoggi Killing
- REPORT: Texas judge shuts down courtroom in protest of Kavanaugh confirmation
- REPORT: FBI probing Manhattan district attorney’s office