REPORT: Houston community activist detained by immigration agents after inviting ICE to a town hall
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A Houston community organizer was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Thursday after inviting the agency to a community event where he had planned to discuss worries about President Trump’s immigration raids.
The Houston Chronicle reported that 40-year-old , a father of five, organized a town hall last month to talk about the raids with Democratic Texas Rep. Sylvia Garcia. He extended an invitation to ICE representatives, who declined to attend.
The article goes on to state the following:
Garcia said she witnessed three white men acting “suspiciously” by taking pictures of the crowd, which was mostly Hispanic.
Three weeks after the event, Gramajo was detained on Sept. 5 by immigration agents while on his way to work. In a statement, the agency said Gramajo had been deported to Guatemala in 2004 but committed a felony by illegally returning to the United States. His deportation order was reinstated after his arrest.
Gramajo immigrated to the U.S. in 1994 with his mother and they settled in Houston. He met his future wife while attending a Houston high school.
Roland Gramajo is the father of five American children. Houston’s mayor named a day for him. Then he organized a meeting to allay residents’ concerns about ICE raids. He invited ICE to attend.
Three weeks later he was arrested and will soon be deported. https://t.co/OaW0oWSkyz
— Mark Elliott (@markmobility) September 7, 2019
When I saw SW Houston community activist post on his own Facebook about his ICE arrest in real time, it was shocking. @lomikriel has the write-up about Roland Gramajo, who literally organizes an ICE townhall weeks ago. https://t.co/iO1c9OS5VY pic.twitter.com/VWEnWisr0n
— Miya Shay (@miyashay) September 7, 2019
— Chris 🇺🇸 (@Chris_1791) September 8, 2019
I urge my colleagues in Congress to work with me to decriminalize border crossings and #AbolishICE.
We owe it to families such as Roland’s that are affected by such policies.https://t.co/W7BEMHOzmH
— Rep. Sylvia Garcia (@RepSylviaGarcia) September 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested
- BREAKING: ‘Surgery is imminent’: Fox Nation host reveals she’s getting treatment for brain tumor