REPORT: Humiliating details of Trump’s firing of Sessions emerge
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ request to stay at the Justice Department until the end of the week was denied by White House chief of staff John Kelly, according to a report.
Kelly insisted that Sessions’ departure from DOJ had to be Wednesday, one day after the 2018 midterm elections, administration officials told CNN. Sessions reportedly never received a phone call from President Trump, instead speaking with Kelly.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sessions submitted his resignation letter to Kelly Wednesday afternoon following an earlier request from Trump. The president has publicly berated Sessions over his March 2017 decision to recuse himself from overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s federal Russia investigation. Sessions was advised to stand down from the supervisory role based on concerns he had been a surrogate for Trump during the 2016 campaign and had failed to disclose contacts with former Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
Humiliating details of Trump’s firing of Sessions emerge https://t.co/0JsuCU1wjC
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) November 8, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet