REPORT: Humiliating details of Trump’s firing of Sessions emerge
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Fired Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ request to stay at the Justice Department until the end of the week was denied by White House chief of staff John Kelly, according to a report.
Kelly insisted that Sessions’ departure from DOJ had to be Wednesday, one day after the 2018 midterm elections, administration officials told CNN. Sessions reportedly never received a phone call from President Trump, instead speaking with Kelly.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sessions submitted his resignation letter to Kelly Wednesday afternoon following an earlier request from Trump. The president has publicly berated Sessions over his March 2017 decision to recuse himself from overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s federal Russia investigation. Sessions was advised to stand down from the supervisory role based on concerns he had been a surrogate for Trump during the 2016 campaign and had failed to disclose contacts with former Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
Humiliating details of Trump’s firing of Sessions emerge https://t.co/0JsuCU1wjC
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) November 8, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager
- VIDEO: Detective describes disturbing evidence he gave Feds on Epstein
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’