REPORT: HUNDREDS of illegal aliens released from jails in just one state, despite ICE detainers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Detention centers across North Carolina have released hundreds of illegal aliens in their custody, defying detainer requests made by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
Local authorities in North Carolina have released over 500 undocumented immigrants in the past 10 months. A total of 489 detainers were ignored by the state law enforcement officials, according to data provided by ICE. The ten months cover the duration of the 2019 fiscal year, which began in October of last year and ends this September.
The article goes on to state the following:
Details of the ignored detainer requests were first reported by WBTV.
“The level of criminal aliens intentionally released into Mecklenburg and the surrounding counties is alarming, but even worse is that the true extent of this dangerous trend may never be fully realized,” a senior Homeland Security official said in a statement provided to the Daily Caller News Foundation. “If an illegal alien is arrested for a crime and is then released by local law enforcement without ever alerting ICE officials, a lifted detainer will never be registered in our systems and the alien may only come to our attention once it’s too late.”
Acting USCIS Director Ken Cuccinelli blasted the report, tweeting Monday afternoon, “Seriously NC??? And how does protecting…
“the nearly 500 undocumented immigrants who have been released in FY19 despite a federal detainer include people charged with sex offenses, kidnapping, arson and homicide.” … keep NC safe? Oh yeah, it doesn’t.”
Seriously NC??? And how does protecting…
“the nearly 500 undocumented immigrants who have been released in FY19 despite a federal detainer include people charged with sex offenses, kidnapping, arson and homicide.” … keep NC safe? Oh yeah, it doesn’t.https://t.co/gay5NiKgFY
— USCIS Acting Director Ken Cuccinelli (@USCISCuccinelli) September 9, 2019
Jessica Vaughan of the Center For Immigration Studies said in a Twitter post, “Why on earth would the NC Governor and a couple of sheriffs want to inflict these criminal aliens on the good people of NC, when ICE is ready to remove them? ICE: Nearly 500 undocumented immigrants released from NC jails despite detainer.”
Why on earth would the NC Governor and a couple of sheriffs want to inflict these criminal aliens on the good people of NC, when ICE is ready to remove them? ICE: Nearly 500 undocumented immigrants released from NC jails despite detainer. https://t.co/jV9ZEsH1o1
— Jessica Vaughan (@JessicaV_CIS) September 9, 2019
— FAIR (@FAIRImmigration) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- REPORT: Iran MP Offers Reward for Killing Trump, U.S. Ambassador Responds
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- TRUMP: Responds to Barr’s request to stop tweeting about DOJ … in a tweet
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- EXCLUSIVE: WATCH: Patrons less than enthused when Elizabeth Warren visits restaurant
- VIDEO: Gutfeld rips media after Avenatti verdict
- VIDEO: Furious female protesters storm Mexico City following young woman’s grisly murder