REPORT: Ilhan Omar responds to New Zealand mosque shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on Friday expressed support for victims of a mass shooting in New Zealand, tweeting that the devastating attack that killed an estimated 49 people in Christchurch would not force Muslims to “live in fear.”
Omar, who along with Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) is one of the first two Muslim women elected to the House, tweeted that she would attend traditional Friday prayers and urged others to do so as well.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un. This is chilling news to wake up to. In the face of this horror, I’m mourning with, and holding our community extra close today,” Omar wrote.
“We must not live in fear. I will be at Jumu’ah today and I hope others will too. Jummah Mubarak,” she added.
Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un. This is chilling news to wake up to. In the face of this horror, I’m mourning with, and holding our community extra close today.
We must not live in fear. I will be at Jumu’ah today and I hope others will too. Jummah Mubarak.
— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) March 15, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Judge denies DACA student’s request to remain in the country
- REPORT: Deal on Trump border bill looks dim before break
- WARNING: Dramatic bodycam video documents ambush that killed rookie cop
- BREAKING: Iran lawmakers chant ‘Death to America’ as U.S. called ‘terrorist’
- REPORT: Buckingham Palace calls pest control after Queen ‘horrified’ by rodents in royal kitchen
- VIDEO: ‘Police Haters’ Taunt Officers At Scene Of Shooting That Killed Female Cop