REPORT: Ilhan Omar responds to New Zealand mosque shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on Friday expressed support for victims of a mass shooting in New Zealand, tweeting that the devastating attack that killed an estimated 49 people in Christchurch would not force Muslims to “live in fear.”
Omar, who along with Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) is one of the first two Muslim women elected to the House, tweeted that she would attend traditional Friday prayers and urged others to do so as well.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un. This is chilling news to wake up to. In the face of this horror, I’m mourning with, and holding our community extra close today,” Omar wrote.
“We must not live in fear. I will be at Jumu’ah today and I hope others will too. Jummah Mubarak,” she added.
Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un. This is chilling news to wake up to. In the face of this horror, I’m mourning with, and holding our community extra close today.
We must not live in fear. I will be at Jumu’ah today and I hope others will too. Jummah Mubarak.
— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) March 15, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) March 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Top Obama economic adviser dies suddenly at 58
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
- OpEd: Donna Brazile: Why I am excited to join Fox News
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- REPORT: Survey reveals Trump trails Biden, Sanders, Warren in crucial swing state
- REPORT: Actor who fought AGAINST ISIS is having trouble gaining re-entry to U.S.
- REPORT: Supreme Court makes decision on case of B&B who refused room to lesbian couple