REPORT: Ilhan Omar sees spike in death threats, blames Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., said late Sunday she has experienced a surge in death threats ever since President Trump tweeted out a video critical of her remarks about the Sept. 11 attacks.
The video Trump posted on Friday juxtaposes a portion of Omar’s speech to the Council for American-Islamic Relations, during which she referred to the terror attacks on Sept. 11, 2001 as “some people did something,” with video footage of the World Trade Center’s twin towers and the Pentagon burning.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Since the President’s tweet Friday evening, I have experienced an increase in direct threats on my life—many directly referencing or replying to the President’s video,” Omar said in the statement.
“Violent rhetoric and all forms of hate speech have no place in our society, much less from our country’s Commander in Chief,” Omar said. “We are all Americans. This is endangering lives. It has to stop.”
Read Omar’s full statement below.
New from @IlhanMN: “Since the President’s tweet Friday evening, I have experienced an increase in direct threats on my life—many directly referencing or replying to the President’s video.” pic.twitter.com/IyBpn6KeOY
— Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur) April 15, 2019
Rep. Ilhan Omar: “Since the President’s tweet Friday evening, I have experienced an increase in direct threats on my life—many directly referencing or replying to the President’s video.” https://t.co/ZQf0mFlFc0
— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march