REPORT: Immigration Tent Courts at Border Raise Due-Process Concerns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WSJ.com:
The tents, which appeared at ports of entry here and up the Rio Grande in Laredo in late summer, are the latest manifestation of the Trump administration’s evolving response to a surge of migrants seeking asylum at the southern border.
Migrants are ushered to these courts dozens at a time, allowing them access to the U.S. legal system without admitting them onto U.S. soil. They are already part of yet another Trump administration experiment, the Migrant Protection Protocols, which requires migrants to live in Mexico for the duration of their court cases.
The article goes on to state the following:
The administration says the tent courts are designed to help the immigration system move more quickly through cases, providing asylum faster for qualified applicants and turning away the rest—many of whom, the administration says, have submitted fraudulent claims.
The following video is a 1-minute scene from “They Come To America IV – The Cost of Politics” by filmmaker Dennis Michael Lynch. In this scene, filmed in the summer of 2018, U.S. Border Patrol Agent Chris Harris (now retired) describes the horrific tactics drug cartels use to torture and kill those who don’t bend to their will – right on the U.S.-Mexico border.
To get more information about this article, please visit WSJ.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Data Doesn’t Match Doomsday Media Predictions, Ventilator Concerns, Task Force Doctor Says
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- BREAKING: Former longtime AZ sheriff Joe Arpaio makes big announcement
- REPORT: Actor demands Trump be removed from office over coronavirus handling
- REPORT: Chilling images of makeshift morgue set up outside NYC hospital amid coronavirus pandemic
- VIDEO: Task force doctors call media out for distorted information, bad questions
- REPORT: Hospital worker with coronavirus found dead with child by her body
- BREAKING: Western films actor dead at 92
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- REPORT: Former senate aide accuses Joe Biden of 1993 sexual assault in graphic detail [VIDEO]