REPORT: Important Senate vote postponed because of Hurricane Florence
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A Senate vote on a bill to address addiction and overdose from opioids planned for this week has been postponed due to the impending hurricane.
Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., put out a schedule for this week that included only Wednesday night votes, and the slate did not include the opioid package, a collection of 70 different bills known as the Opioid Crisis Response Act.
The article goes on to state the following:
McConnell praised the legislation from the Senate floor and said a vote would be “very soon.” The Senate is scheduled to be in session next week. Hurricane Florence is expected to make landfall in the Carolinas later this week.
The legislation provides more access to medical treatment for addiction, authorizes additional funding for states to carry out their programs, and gives the National Institutes of Health more power to carry out research on treatment for pain and addiction. It allows the Food and Drug Administration to limit how many prescription opioids, such as OxyContin, doctors are allowed to give patients, and to set guidelines for how they can be packaged so that they are harder for children to get.
The Senate’s vote on bipartisan opioid legislation has been delayed. Vote expected early next week https://t.co/OLJA7kmiQI
— Brianna Ehley (@Briannaehley) September 12, 2018
Senate postpones vote on opioid package because of Hurricane Florence https://t.co/CSJwmezpjB
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter