Report: Intel Committee wraps up Russia probe interviews
In a sign their investigation is nearing an end, it is being reported that the House Intelligence Committee has concluded its interviews of witnesses relating to the probe of potential collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election season.
The committee is now preparing to write their report based on the dozens of witnesses they have interviewed. Since Republicans and Democrats on the panel are not expected to agree, two separate reports are anticipated.
The Wall Street Journal reported:
The panel has interviewed more than 50 individuals, the last of whom was Corey Lewandowski, the former manager of Mr. Trump’s 2016 campaign, who testified last week. The panel didn’t interview the president, but it did call many of his closest aides and confidants over the course of the investigation, including his son-in-law Jared Kushner, his son Donald Trump Jr. and his former senior strategist Steve Bannon.
Republicans on the committee and in the full House of Representatives are eager to put the Capitol Hill investigations to rest, according to people familiar with the matter, citing the coming midterm election season.
In addition to the House Intel Committee’s probe, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence is also searching for Russian collusion by the Trump campaign, and special counsel Robert Mueller still has an ongoing investigation.
House intelligence panel’s Russia investigation reportedly finishes interviews, nears conclusion https://t.co/87BtNFHDFb
— CNBC (@CNBC) March 12, 2018
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) March 12, 2018
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned