Report: Intel Committee wraps up Russia probe interviews
In a sign their investigation is nearing an end, it is being reported that the House Intelligence Committee has concluded its interviews of witnesses relating to the probe of potential collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election season.
The committee is now preparing to write their report based on the dozens of witnesses they have interviewed. Since Republicans and Democrats on the panel are not expected to agree, two separate reports are anticipated.
The Wall Street Journal reported:
The panel has interviewed more than 50 individuals, the last of whom was Corey Lewandowski, the former manager of Mr. Trump’s 2016 campaign, who testified last week. The panel didn’t interview the president, but it did call many of his closest aides and confidants over the course of the investigation, including his son-in-law Jared Kushner, his son Donald Trump Jr. and his former senior strategist Steve Bannon.
Republicans on the committee and in the full House of Representatives are eager to put the Capitol Hill investigations to rest, according to people familiar with the matter, citing the coming midterm election season.
In addition to the House Intel Committee’s probe, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence is also searching for Russian collusion by the Trump campaign, and special counsel Robert Mueller still has an ongoing investigation.
House intelligence panel’s Russia investigation reportedly finishes interviews, nears conclusion https://t.co/87BtNFHDFb
— CNBC (@CNBC) March 12, 2018
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) March 12, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)