Report: Intel Committee wraps up Russia probe interviews
In a sign their investigation is nearing an end, it is being reported that the House Intelligence Committee has concluded its interviews of witnesses relating to the probe of potential collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election season.
The committee is now preparing to write their report based on the dozens of witnesses they have interviewed. Since Republicans and Democrats on the panel are not expected to agree, two separate reports are anticipated.
The Wall Street Journal reported:
The panel has interviewed more than 50 individuals, the last of whom was Corey Lewandowski, the former manager of Mr. Trump’s 2016 campaign, who testified last week. The panel didn’t interview the president, but it did call many of his closest aides and confidants over the course of the investigation, including his son-in-law Jared Kushner, his son Donald Trump Jr. and his former senior strategist Steve Bannon.
Republicans on the committee and in the full House of Representatives are eager to put the Capitol Hill investigations to rest, according to people familiar with the matter, citing the coming midterm election season.
In addition to the House Intel Committee’s probe, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence is also searching for Russian collusion by the Trump campaign, and special counsel Robert Mueller still has an ongoing investigation.
House intelligence panel’s Russia investigation reportedly finishes interviews, nears conclusion https://t.co/87BtNFHDFb
— CNBC (@CNBC) March 12, 2018
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) March 12, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations