REPORT: Iowa Dem in Trump district won’t seek reelection in 2020
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Dave Loebsack (D-Iowa) announced Friday that he will not seek reelection next year, leaving a vacancy in a Democratic district that President Trump carried in 2016.
Loebsack, who has served in the House since 2007, said that he had always intended to cap his service at 12 years but decided to run for an additional term after Trump’s election in 2016.
The article goes on to state the following:
“When first elected, I had planned to serve no more than 12 years. However, after Donald Trump assumed the presidency, it became apparent that I needed to run for at least one more term in the hopes that I could provide a check on his worst impulses,” Loebsack, 66, said in a statement.
As they say, some personal news… I announced today that at the end of this current Congress, I will be retiring. It has been beyond a pleasure to serve the people of #IA02 and I will be working hard for the next 2 years. Thank you all for your support. https://t.co/7Y0Lir1yfj
— Dave Loebsack (@daveloebsack) April 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists
- REPORT: Harvey Weinstein reaches massive deal to settle sex assault civil suits