REPORT: Iran Triggers Concern About Uranium Enrichment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
The Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) has boosted the number of centrifuge machines used for enriching uranium at the country’s Fordow nuclear site to over 1,000 units, a special AEOI aide said Sunday.
The semi-official Tansim news agency said only 720 centrifuges were spinning at the major Fordow nuclear site before the beginning of nuclear negotiations with the world powers that led to the 2015 JCPOA deal, but the number has now reached 1,044.
The article goes on to state the following:
In comments at an exhibition in Iran’s western city of Sanandaj on Sunday, spokesman Ali Asghar Zarean revealed 10 generations of centrifuges have come into existence in the world so far, and Iran has brought seven of those generations into operation.
According to Reuters, “Iran has followed through on a threat to accelerate its production of enriched uranium, the head of the U.N. atomic watchdog said on Monday, departing from his usual guarded language to say he was worried about increasing tension.”
CBC News further reports:
Yukiya Amano, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which is responsible for monitoring Iranian compliance with the nuclear deal, said Iran was now producing more enriched uranium than before, but it was not clear when it might reach stockpile limits set in the pact.
“Yes, [the] production rate is increasing,” he told a news conference when asked if enriched uranium production had accelerated since the agency’s last quarterly report, which found Iran compliant with the nuclear deal as of May 20. He declined to quantify the increase.
Iran has accelerated enrichment of uranium, IAEA says https://t.co/6h2JkauTXT
— Reuters Iran (@ReutersIran) June 10, 2019
Iran has increased production of enriched uranium, UN atomic watchdog says. https://t.co/sSHiGCIOCG
— CBC News Alerts (@CBCAlerts) June 10, 2019
Iran has followed through on a threat to accelerate its production of enriched uranium, the head of the UN atomic watchdog said, departing from his usual guarded language to say he was worried about increasing tension.https://t.co/o3RdII4iuu
— Al Arabiya English (@AlArabiya_Eng) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in