REPORT: Iranian attacks expose vulnerability of campaign email accounts
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A recent hacking attempt by Iran targeting a U.S. presidential campaign highlighted the vulnerability of email accounts heading into the 2020 elections.
Microsoft revealed last week that it had tracked an Iranian group named “Phosphorus” attempting to access the email accounts of an unnamed presidential campaign, along with accounts tied to journalists and former and current U.S. officials.
The article goes on to state the following:
While the group compromised only four accounts, it identified 2,700 accounts for targeting and attacked 241 of them. The accounts associated with the unnamed presidential campaign, which Reuters identified as the Trump campaign, were not successfully compromised.
Today, @TomBurt45 shared that we’ve recently seen significant cyber activity by a threat group we call Phosphorus.
Read more about the attacks we’ve spotted and how you can protect yourself: https://t.co/DHXWo9t8sW 🔒
— Microsoft On the Issues (@MSFTIssues) October 4, 2019
“The targeted accounts are associated with a U.S. presidential campaign, current and former U.S. government officials, journalists covering global politics and prominent Iranians living outside Iran” https://t.co/B35zrNtfbQ
— Chris Bing (@Bing_Chris) October 4, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) October 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat calls for investigation into Elaine Chao after Mitch McConnell campaign boasts Kentucky ties
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: State poll shows this Dem on top – and she’s not in the race