REPORT: IRS Warning: Retirees at risk of tax penalty
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXBUSINESS.COM:
The IRS has a new warning for retirees, and while it’s not about a scam it could end up costing older taxpayers more money than they expect to pay.
The agency issued a statement urging Americans to check the amount being withheld from retirement accounts and monthly pension or annuity checks, as soon as possible, in order to avoid a penalty next year.
The article goes on to state the following:
Since the year is almost over, the IRS said those who discover they have been paying too little, might need to make a quarterly estimated or additional tax payment directly to the agency.
According to a simulation conducted by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) in August, which reviewed the revised federal tax withholding tables for 2018 implemented by the IRS and the Treasury Department, 21 percent of workers are at risk of having their taxes underwithheld – 3 million more than projections based on the old tax code.
Only 6 percent of taxpayers are expected to have wages accurately withheld, while 73 percent are likely to have their taxes overwithheld. The former is three percentage points less than a simulation conducted using the same withholding structure and the old tax code. Accurate withholding was assumed to be within $100 of what is truly owed.
🚨 This is an alarm bell for the nearly 30 million households that are expected to owe MORE money come tax time this spring. https://t.co/yW8IIz6Gew
— Ron Wyden (@RonWyden) July 31, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXBUSINESS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXBUSINESS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation