REPORT: Ivanka Trump quietly pushing for gun control legislation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Ivanka Trump is pushing for new gun control legislation in the aftermath of the mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso, Texas, earlier this month.
The mass shootings that left over 30 people dead have jumpstarted the debate for additional gun control measures.
The article goes on to state the following:
Last week, Ivanka Trump spoke with West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin to hear about the background check bill he proposed back in 2013 with Pennsylvania Republican Sen. Pat Toomey. The bill, which was originally introduced after the Sandy Hook shooting, would force background checks for nearly all commercial gun sales, but there are obstacles in the way of it passing.
“She called Manchin and said she was trying to get a sense of what bills are out there,” a Manchin aide told Axios. “She had him explain how they drafted the bill, where it stands and what changes needed to be made in order for it to pass.”
Ivanka Trump has quietly been making calls to members of Congress in the days following the deadly mass shootings in Dayton and El Paso to gauge where they stand on pending gun legislation. https://t.co/q1mcuX6Uj6
— Axios (@axios) August 13, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- REPORT: Woman found dead in garbage chute at Anthony Weiner’s former address (VIDEO)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]