REPORT: Jeff Bezos rips Trump’s attacks on media
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by STRAITSTIMES.COM:
WASHINGTON (AFP) – Mr Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon and owner of the Washington Post newspaper, warned on Thursday (Sept 13) that President Donald Trump’s attacks on the media are dangerous for the country.
Mr Bezos, during a question and answer session at a dinner hosted by the Economic Club of Washington, said Mr Trump’s attacks risk eroding protections and social norms important for democracy.
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) September 14, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
“It’s dangerous to demonise the media,” Mr Bezos said. “It’s dangerous to call the media lowlifes. It’s dangerous to say they are the enemy of the people.”
He added that “we live in a society where it’s not just the laws of the land that protect us… it’s also the social norms that protect us. It works because we believe the words on that piece of paper.”
Mr Bezos said Mr Trump and other public figures should expect public and media scrutiny, which he called “healthy”.
The comments appeared to be the first direct, public rebuke of Mr Trump by Mr Bezos, a frequent target of attacks by the President.
— AndrewBuncombe (@AndrewBuncombe) September 14, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by STRAITSTIMES.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting STRAITSTIMES.COM
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter