REPORT: Jeff Bezos rips Trump’s attacks on media
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by STRAITSTIMES.COM:
WASHINGTON (AFP) – Mr Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon and owner of the Washington Post newspaper, warned on Thursday (Sept 13) that President Donald Trump’s attacks on the media are dangerous for the country.
Mr Bezos, during a question and answer session at a dinner hosted by the Economic Club of Washington, said Mr Trump’s attacks risk eroding protections and social norms important for democracy.
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) September 14, 2018
The article goes on to state the following:
“It’s dangerous to demonise the media,” Mr Bezos said. “It’s dangerous to call the media lowlifes. It’s dangerous to say they are the enemy of the people.”
He added that “we live in a society where it’s not just the laws of the land that protect us… it’s also the social norms that protect us. It works because we believe the words on that piece of paper.”
Mr Bezos said Mr Trump and other public figures should expect public and media scrutiny, which he called “healthy”.
The comments appeared to be the first direct, public rebuke of Mr Trump by Mr Bezos, a frequent target of attacks by the President.
— AndrewBuncombe (@AndrewBuncombe) September 14, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by STRAITSTIMES.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments