REPORT: Jeff Flake is running Mitch McConnell’s judicial express off the road
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., planned to confirm dozens of President Trump’s judges by the close of the 115th Congress in December. But the judicial express has hit a major roadblock.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, had to cancel plans to clear a slate of 25 nominees because one panel member, Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., won’t vote for them without a vote on a bill to protect special counsel Robert Mueller from being fired by Trump.
The article goes on to state the following:
While there is no direct relationship between the Mueller probe and the slate of nominees, Flake has yoked the two together.
Flake, who is retiring, has evolved into Trump’s biggest GOP congressional foe, chastising the president in floor speeches and on Twitter about his conduct and rhetoric, particularly in response to the Russia investigation, which Trump has labeled a witch hunt.
The report also included the following:
In addition to the 25 postponed nominees, there are 50 awaiting hearings and a final vote in the Judiciary Committee.
The Judicial Express has hit a major roadblock.https://t.co/9607iJj0Zy
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 4, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- BREAKING: FBI Releases Key Steele Dossier Document
- Trump Tweet: Outrage over new discovery on texts between Strzok and Page
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide
- REPORT: As ICE releases migrant families by the hundreds, churches and businesses step up to help