REPORT: Jeff Flake is running Mitch McConnell’s judicial express off the road
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., planned to confirm dozens of President Trump’s judges by the close of the 115th Congress in December. But the judicial express has hit a major roadblock.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, had to cancel plans to clear a slate of 25 nominees because one panel member, Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., won’t vote for them without a vote on a bill to protect special counsel Robert Mueller from being fired by Trump.
The article goes on to state the following:
While there is no direct relationship between the Mueller probe and the slate of nominees, Flake has yoked the two together.
Flake, who is retiring, has evolved into Trump’s biggest GOP congressional foe, chastising the president in floor speeches and on Twitter about his conduct and rhetoric, particularly in response to the Russia investigation, which Trump has labeled a witch hunt.
The report also included the following:
In addition to the 25 postponed nominees, there are 50 awaiting hearings and a final vote in the Judiciary Committee.
The Judicial Express has hit a major roadblock.https://t.co/9607iJj0Zy
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 4, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter