REPORT: Jeff Flake is running Mitch McConnell’s judicial express off the road
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., planned to confirm dozens of President Trump’s judges by the close of the 115th Congress in December. But the judicial express has hit a major roadblock.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, had to cancel plans to clear a slate of 25 nominees because one panel member, Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., won’t vote for them without a vote on a bill to protect special counsel Robert Mueller from being fired by Trump.
The article goes on to state the following:
While there is no direct relationship between the Mueller probe and the slate of nominees, Flake has yoked the two together.
Flake, who is retiring, has evolved into Trump’s biggest GOP congressional foe, chastising the president in floor speeches and on Twitter about his conduct and rhetoric, particularly in response to the Russia investigation, which Trump has labeled a witch hunt.
The report also included the following:
In addition to the 25 postponed nominees, there are 50 awaiting hearings and a final vote in the Judiciary Committee.
The Judicial Express has hit a major roadblock.https://t.co/9607iJj0Zy
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 4, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Our leaders will never defend our borders – and world knows it and is coming for our wealth
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales