REPORT: Jimmy Carter comments on Trump policies amid warning to Democratic Party
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former President Carter said this week that if he were “foolish enough to feel” he could become president again, the first thing he’d do is change all of the policies initiated by President Trump since he’s held office.
“If I were foolish enough to feel I could be president again, I think the first thing I would do would be to change all of the policies that President Trump has initiated,” the 93-year-old said while delivering remarks at Emory University on Wednesday night, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I pray for him fairly regularly. If he answered my prayers, he’d have to change a lot of things,” Carter continued.
“Independents need to know they can invest their vote in the Democratic Party,” Carter said during an address at his presidential center and library in Atlanta Tuesday, according to The Associated Press.
He also urged Democrats to focus on moderate policies and said the party should not “move to a very liberal program, like universal health care.”
Former President Jimmy Carter is cautioning Democrats about the political consequences they may face if they “move to a very liberal program, like universal health care.” https://t.co/reaZ7z6TOh
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) September 12, 2018
The 39th president of the U.S. issued a warning that Democrats need to be more moderate in order to take on Trump https://t.co/simb5Dsby2
— Salon (@Salon) September 13, 2018
— FOX 5 Atlanta (@FOX5Atlanta) September 12, 2018
Jimmy Carter sees little hope for the U.S. to change its human rights and environmental policies as long as Donald Trump is in the White House https://t.co/2EdW8Hdyp5
— The Sacramento Bee (@sacbee_news) September 12, 2018
Jimmy Carter at Emory: I’d change all of Trump’s policies if I were president again https://t.co/6D6LyQ1zdF
— Martha LA Fineman (@MarthaLAFineman) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- REPORT: Country singer dead at 35 after accidental shooting
- BREAKING: Former Muslim Murdoch Executive Says He Quit Over Fox’s ‘Anti-Muslim Rhetoric’ (AUDIO)
- BREAKING: Marine Corps commandant warns deploying troops to the border poses ‘unacceptable risk’
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- REPORT: Sen. McSally spoke with Trump over McCain attacks
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute