REPORT: Jimmy Carter comments on Trump policies amid warning to Democratic Party
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former President Carter said this week that if he were “foolish enough to feel” he could become president again, the first thing he’d do is change all of the policies initiated by President Trump since he’s held office.
“If I were foolish enough to feel I could be president again, I think the first thing I would do would be to change all of the policies that President Trump has initiated,” the 93-year-old said while delivering remarks at Emory University on Wednesday night, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I pray for him fairly regularly. If he answered my prayers, he’d have to change a lot of things,” Carter continued.
“Independents need to know they can invest their vote in the Democratic Party,” Carter said during an address at his presidential center and library in Atlanta Tuesday, according to The Associated Press.
He also urged Democrats to focus on moderate policies and said the party should not “move to a very liberal program, like universal health care.”
Former President Jimmy Carter is cautioning Democrats about the political consequences they may face if they “move to a very liberal program, like universal health care.” https://t.co/reaZ7z6TOh
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) September 12, 2018
The 39th president of the U.S. issued a warning that Democrats need to be more moderate in order to take on Trump https://t.co/simb5Dsby2
— Salon (@Salon) September 13, 2018
— FOX 5 Atlanta (@FOX5Atlanta) September 12, 2018
Jimmy Carter sees little hope for the U.S. to change its human rights and environmental policies as long as Donald Trump is in the White House https://t.co/2EdW8Hdyp5
— The Sacramento Bee (@sacbee_news) September 12, 2018
Jimmy Carter at Emory: I’d change all of Trump’s policies if I were president again https://t.co/6D6LyQ1zdF
— Martha LA Fineman (@MarthaLAFineman) September 13, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- Border Protection seized enough fentanyl to kill entire population of the United States
- RESEARCH: Number of Muslims in the US; how many are radical; impact on welfare
- REPORT: Mark Meadows views NEW ‘Strzok coverup’ material at DOJ
- POLL: Should Tucker Carlson be fired from Fox News?
- Princess Diana’s death was no accident, say couple who witnessed crash
- Cost of open borders exposed in Muslim refugee oath (video)
- Heat wave dubbed the ‘death ridge’ will scorch the southeastern US
- REPORT: Buttigieg backs far-left idea of erasing Thomas Jefferson’s name: ‘It’s the right thing to do’
- REPORT: Trump vows to ‘end’ Iran amid ‘threats’
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?