REPORT: John Kerry Launches Star-Studded Climate Coalition
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — John Kerry, the former senator and secretary of state, has formed a new bipartisan coalition of world leaders, military brass and Hollywood celebrities to push for public action to combat climate change.
The name, World War Zero, is supposed to evoke both the national security threat posed by the earth’s warming and the type of wartime mobilization that Mr. Kerry argued would be needed to stop the rise in carbon emissions before 2050. The star-studded group is supposed to win over those skeptical of the policies that would be needed to accomplish that.
The article goes on to state the following:
Former presidents Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter are part of the effort. Moderate Republican lawmakers like Arnold Schwarzenegger, the former governor of California, and John Kasich, the former governor of Ohio, are on the list. Stars like Leonardo DiCaprio, Sting and Ashton Kutcher round out the roster of more than 60 founding members. Their goal is to hold more than 10 million “climate conversations” in the coming year with Americans across the political spectrum.
The report states that Kerry and other coalition members “intend to hold town meetings across the country starting in January. Members will head to battleground states key to the 2020 election, but also to military bases where climate discussions are rare and to economically depressed areas that members say could benefit from clean energy jobs.”
CLICK HERE to read more of this report.
Billionaire and 2020 Democrat candidate Tom Steyer praised the new effort. “The climate crisis is an international emergency—I’m glad to see my friend @JohnKerry bringing together so many leaders to fight “World War Zero” with their collective power,” he declared in a Twitter post.
— Tom Steyer (@TomSteyer) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘It’s Going To Be An Exposé And A Cover-Up’: Tom Fitton Gives His IG Report Predictions
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott