REPORT: Judge decides if Trump administration will get more time to reunite separated families
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A federal judge in California agreed Monday to give the Trump administration more time to reunite all migrant children under the age of 5 with their parents by Tuesday night.
The indefinite extension came two days after Justice Department attorney Sarah Fabian informed the court it was in a position to reunite 54 of the 102 kids with the adults they crossed the border with between May 6 and June 20.
Judge Dana Sabraw originally gave the justice Department two weeks to reunite the youngest children with their parents, following their being separated by border agents as a result of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy. That policy mandated first-time illegal entrants, even parents, be referred for prosecution and taken away from their kids.
The article goes on to state the following:
Last week, the government said it lacked the information on about half of the parents’ whereabouts, including because some adults were in federal custody and could not be released while others had been deported and elected not to bring their child with them. Sabraw recognized both of these as issues in reuniting families, according to an NBC report.
Fabian will have to issue an update Tuesday morning on who will be reunited and who will require additional time, as well as the timeline for those releases.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- VIDEO: Donald Trump’s feud with McCain family escalates: ‘I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be’
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson
- CLAIM: Trump Lied About Assets, Worth to Get Deutsche Bank Loans
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- REPORT: Member Of Left-Wing Group Makes Anti-Semitic Joke While Teaching House Democrats About Anti-Semitism
- REPORT: Lori Loughlin’s daughter, Olivia Jade, reportedly didn’t fill out her own college application
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Democrats’ call to expand the Supreme Court