REPORT: Judge decides if Trump administration will get more time to reunite separated families
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A federal judge in California agreed Monday to give the Trump administration more time to reunite all migrant children under the age of 5 with their parents by Tuesday night.
The indefinite extension came two days after Justice Department attorney Sarah Fabian informed the court it was in a position to reunite 54 of the 102 kids with the adults they crossed the border with between May 6 and June 20.
Judge Dana Sabraw originally gave the justice Department two weeks to reunite the youngest children with their parents, following their being separated by border agents as a result of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy. That policy mandated first-time illegal entrants, even parents, be referred for prosecution and taken away from their kids.
The article goes on to state the following:
Last week, the government said it lacked the information on about half of the parents’ whereabouts, including because some adults were in federal custody and could not be released while others had been deported and elected not to bring their child with them. Sabraw recognized both of these as issues in reuniting families, according to an NBC report.
Fabian will have to issue an update Tuesday morning on who will be reunited and who will require additional time, as well as the timeline for those releases.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- Trump Tweet: Video of Hillary Clinton: ‘This is classic!’
- REPORT: Injured, starving teen found living in barn was ‘within a week of death’
- VIDEO: Rand Paul blocks Sanders’ resolution, calls it ‘crazy hatred’ against Trump
- BREAKING: Mueller offered Podesta immunity to testify against Manafort, claims Fox News host
- REPORT: Woman robs, murders mom, grandmother and goes on spending spree
- FOOD WARNING: Popular sweet treat recalled amid salmonella scare
- VIDEO: Democrats erupt in ’USA’ chant on House floor
- BREAKING: NFL team to discipline players who protest during national anthem
- REPORT: Video emerges of Melania Trump looking horrified after shaking Putin’s hand
- REPORT: Maxine Waters warns supporters of possible ‘armed protests’ against her