REPORT: Judge decides if Trump administration will get more time to reunite separated families
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A federal judge in California agreed Monday to give the Trump administration more time to reunite all migrant children under the age of 5 with their parents by Tuesday night.
The indefinite extension came two days after Justice Department attorney Sarah Fabian informed the court it was in a position to reunite 54 of the 102 kids with the adults they crossed the border with between May 6 and June 20.
Judge Dana Sabraw originally gave the justice Department two weeks to reunite the youngest children with their parents, following their being separated by border agents as a result of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy. That policy mandated first-time illegal entrants, even parents, be referred for prosecution and taken away from their kids.
The article goes on to state the following:
Last week, the government said it lacked the information on about half of the parents’ whereabouts, including because some adults were in federal custody and could not be released while others had been deported and elected not to bring their child with them. Sabraw recognized both of these as issues in reuniting families, according to an NBC report.
Fabian will have to issue an update Tuesday morning on who will be reunited and who will require additional time, as well as the timeline for those releases.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation
- BREAKING: Ted Cruz Chased Out Of DC Restaurant By Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters (VIDEO)