REPORT: Judge AGAIN delays sentencing for Michael Flynn
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by LA Times:
A federal judge on Tuesday again delayed the sentencing of Michael T. Flynn, President Trump’s former national security advisor and the only former White House official charged in the sprawling Russia investigation.
The retired Army lieutenant general appeared in court for the first time since he pleaded guilty on Dec. 1 to one count of lying to federal agents about his contacts with the Russian ambassador during the presidential transition.
The article goes on to state the following:
Flynn was charged as part of the probe led by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III into whether an illegal conspiracy existed between Trump’s allies and Russian authorities to influence the 2016 election.
Fox News further reports:
A lawyer for former national security adviser Michael Flynn said Tuesday the retired Army lieutenant general is “eager” to wrap up and proceed to sentencing, amid mysterious delays in the conclusion to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s case against him.
“General Flynn very much does want to bring this chapter to a close,” Flynn attorney Robert Kelner said during a court hearing with U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan.
Flynn in December pleaded guilty to one count of making false statements to the FBI about his conversations with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak during the transition as part of a plea deal with prosecutors. He has not been sentenced in the case.
Tuesday’s hearing followed Sullivan demanding information about why both sides had repeatedly asked for Flynn’s sentencing to be delayed. In a joint court filing earlier this month, Mueller and Flynn’s lawyers only replied that they are not “ready for sentencing.” It was the third time sentencing was delayed.
To weigh in on this information provided by LA Times, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting LA Times
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Co-Host of ‘The Five’ Is Reportedly Leaving Fox News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr screams about Valerie Jarrett in bizarre new video
- BREAKING: Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment (video)
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- BREAKING: RNC chooses city to host 2020 convention
- BREAKING: Surviving member of family who perished in duck boat crash gives heartbreaking interview (VIDEO)
- Trump Tweets: “Should have been done years ago!”
- REPORT: Man arrested for allegedly killing co-worker by forcing compressed air up his buttocks