REPORT: Judge denies DACA student’s request to remain in the country
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WHEC.COM:
New York — A judge has denied Abigail Hernandez’s request to remain in the U.S.
Back in August, the former Rochester student was sentenced to three years probation after admitting to making a terroristic threat against East High School.
Hernandez was in the country protected under the DACA program, but her status was revoked after committing the crime.
During testimony, Hernandez told the court she’s been on anxiety medication since this all started earlier this year, adding she will have more anxiety if she’s forced to go back to Mexico. The 21-year-old hasn’t been there since she was three.
Hernandez had argued because of her intellectual disability, she will face persecution in Mexico, her native country. She also argued no family members in Mexico would be able to care for her.
The judge denied her requests. However, her lawyer plans to appeal the process, thus, she will remain in the U.S. until said process is complete.
To get more information about this article, please visit WHEC.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’
- REPORT: Terror attack? Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis calls for gun restrictions after Pensacola shooting