REPORT: Judge denies top news outlets access to sealed records in Mueller investigation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A judge denied a push by multiple top news organizations seeking access to sealed court records pertaining to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, including documents about the case against former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort.
A judge from the U.S. District Court in D.C. Wednesday denied the request by the Associated Press, New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, and Politico, who sought to view sealed search warrants, warrant applications, and supporting affidavits related to the ongoing investigation.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The Special Counsel’s investigation is not a closed matter, but an ongoing criminal investigation with multiple lines of non-public inquiry,” the court filing reads. “No right of pubic access exists to search warrant materials in an ongoing investigation.”
The coalition of news outlets filed their request last month, arguing that the investigation “goes to the heart of the integrity of the political process.”
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Shooting outside football stadium; multiple people reportedly shot
- REPORT: “It was one of the most horrific accidents I have ever seen”: Suspected DUI head-on collision kills 6 in Utah
- REPORT: Democrats hold 9-point lead over Republicans in battle for House: poll
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- REPORT: Trump’s approval rating jumps higher than Obama’s ahead of midterms
- BREAKING: Guatelmala president reported nearly 100 ISIS terrorists caught
- Trump Tweets: Caravan and Dems. DML responds.
- REPORT: Ted Cruz asked if Trump is a friend or foe; his answer is complicated
- The latest photos from Mexico caravan as number hits 10k
- REPORT: Special counsel examines conflicting accounts as scrutiny of Roger Stone and WikiLeaks deepens