REPORT: Judge denies top news outlets access to sealed records in Mueller investigation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A judge denied a push by multiple top news organizations seeking access to sealed court records pertaining to special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, including documents about the case against former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort.
A judge from the U.S. District Court in D.C. Wednesday denied the request by the Associated Press, New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, and Politico, who sought to view sealed search warrants, warrant applications, and supporting affidavits related to the ongoing investigation.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The Special Counsel’s investigation is not a closed matter, but an ongoing criminal investigation with multiple lines of non-public inquiry,” the court filing reads. “No right of pubic access exists to search warrant materials in an ongoing investigation.”
The coalition of news outlets filed their request last month, arguing that the investigation “goes to the heart of the integrity of the political process.”
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- REPORT: Somali refugee wins Democratic primary in Keith Ellison’s old district