REPORT: Judge orders DOJ to reveal name of U.S. attorney who had affair with subordinate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Politico:
A federal judge has ruled that the Justice Department must disclose the name of a former U.S. attorney who had an extramarital affair with a supervisor in the same office.
Manhattan-based U.S. District Court Judge Vernon Broderick ordered the disclosure in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit brought by BuzzFeed, demanding further details about a somewhat-vague statement the Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General issued on the case in May 2017.
The article goes on to state the following:
Justice Department lawyers argued that releasing the names of the two prosecutors would amount to an unwarranted invasion of privacy, but Broderick said there was a legitimate public interest in knowing more about the case, which investigators said created “unbearable atmosphere” in the office.
“The wrongdoing at issue here clearly implicated the core responsibilities of the U.S. Attorney as the chief federal law enforcement officer and head of his judicial district,” the judge wrote. “Among those responsibilities was the supervising, management, and operation of his district. The consequences of the wrongdoing directly impacted the work environment of the Office. Indeed, the actions of the U.S. Attorney and Supervisory AUSA led to the filing of complaints and could have led to lawsuits.”
The affair stretched from 2011 to 2015, the inspector general report found. The U.S. Attorney has since retired from the department, the report said.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read more of this report from Politico.
A federal judge has ruled that the Justice Department must disclose the name of a former U.S. attorney who had an extramarital affair with a supervisor in the same office https://t.co/boY2R8Tfbr
— POLITICO (@politico) March 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Politico. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez lashes out against Trump and his supporters in Twitter rant
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- BREAKING: Second Parkland shooting survivor commits suicide