REPORT: Judge threatens Sessions, orders migrants returned to U.S.
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
(Reuters) – A federal judge on Thursday ordered an immigrant mother and daughter brought back to the United States after learning during a court hearing that the government had put them on a deportation flight.
The pair were among 12 plaintiffs in a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) challenging changes in asylum policies ordered by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
The article goes on to state the following:
Washington D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan was hearing a request to stay the plaintiffs’ deportations, when the ACLU learned that two of them were already on a flight to Central America, the civil rights group said.
Upon hearing the news, Sullivan ordered their flight returned and suggested that Sessions could be held in contempt of court, according to the ACLU.
A spokesman for the Department of Justice did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
“This is pretty outrageous,” Sullivan said, reported The Washington Post. “That someone seeking justice in U.S. court is spirited away while her attorneys are arguing for justice for her? I’m not happy about this at all. This is not acceptable.”
‘Judge Emmet Sullivan granted the ACLU request for an emergency order to halt the expedited removal of immigrants seeking asylum after he learned the government had put a plaintiff in the case and her daughter on a flight to Central America.’ https://t.co/DHUsB2daCW
— John Walke (@jwalkenrdc) August 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by REUTERS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- BREAKING: Trump campaign takes legal action, seeks ‘millions’ against Omarosa for violating nondisclosure
- VIDEO: Omarosa drops new bombshell, makes claim about Trump’s knowledge of hacked DNC emails
- BREAKING: Kansas Gov. concedes race for GOP nomination to Trump ally Kris Kobach (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Katrina Pierson releases statement after Omarosa releases audio discussing ‘N-word’ tape
- DML TV: Heroic mom fights off child-snatcher in broad daylight
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- BREAKING: At least 5 shot inside Philadelphia-area Walmart, suspect in custody
- REPORT: Omarosa responds to arbitration action filed by Trump campaign
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government