REPORT: Judge threatens Sessions, orders migrants returned to U.S.
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
(Reuters) – A federal judge on Thursday ordered an immigrant mother and daughter brought back to the United States after learning during a court hearing that the government had put them on a deportation flight.
The pair were among 12 plaintiffs in a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) challenging changes in asylum policies ordered by U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
The article goes on to state the following:
Washington D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan was hearing a request to stay the plaintiffs’ deportations, when the ACLU learned that two of them were already on a flight to Central America, the civil rights group said.
Upon hearing the news, Sullivan ordered their flight returned and suggested that Sessions could be held in contempt of court, according to the ACLU.
A spokesman for the Department of Justice did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
“This is pretty outrageous,” Sullivan said, reported The Washington Post. “That someone seeking justice in U.S. court is spirited away while her attorneys are arguing for justice for her? I’m not happy about this at all. This is not acceptable.”
‘Judge Emmet Sullivan granted the ACLU request for an emergency order to halt the expedited removal of immigrants seeking asylum after he learned the government had put a plaintiff in the case and her daughter on a flight to Central America.’ https://t.co/DHUsB2daCW
— John Walke (@jwalkenrdc) August 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by REUTERS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Migrants defy police, break through fence at Guatemala-Mexico border (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: University of Montana students spell out messages on mountain ahead of Trump visit
- REPORT: ‘Halloween’ Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Donor REVEALED for GOP Women’s Group Attacking Trump
- REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
- BREAKING: Uncovered report reveals Claire McCaskill’s husband assaulted and peed on ex-wife
- REPORT: Manafort shows up to court in wheelchair
- BREAKING: White House responds to Saudi Arabia’s report on Khoshoggi’s death
- REPORT: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl
- VIDEO: Former first daughter says the White House is haunted