REPORT: Judiciary Committee Democrats declare former Trump lawyer must testify May 21 or face contempt charge
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The House Judiciary Committee scheduled a May 21 appearance by former White House counsel Don McGahn, setting up a possible contempt vote if he doesn’t show up.
President Trump has indicated he does not want McGahn to testify or turn over documents requested by the Democrat-led panel, citing through lawyer William Burck, “significant Executive Branch confidential interests and Executive privilege.”
The article goes on to state the following:
But Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said McGahn must secure a court order excusing him from appearing or face a contempt of Congress charge if he doesn’t appear.
House Judiciary Cmte. has given notice that May 21 hearing is scheduled for former White House Counsel McGahn’s testimony, though cmte. source says McGahn has not confirmed that he will attend.
Chairman Nadler has said McGahn will be subject to contempt if he does not attend.
— NBC Politics (@NBCPolitics) May 14, 2019
The panel subpoenaed McGahn to appear to discuss special counsel Robert Mueller’s report into Russian interference in the 2016 election and McGahn’s communications with the president regarding the probe. https://t.co/YRhuRjEaFh
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy