REPORT: Judiciary Committee Democrats declare former Trump lawyer must testify May 21 or face contempt charge
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The House Judiciary Committee scheduled a May 21 appearance by former White House counsel Don McGahn, setting up a possible contempt vote if he doesn’t show up.
President Trump has indicated he does not want McGahn to testify or turn over documents requested by the Democrat-led panel, citing through lawyer William Burck, “significant Executive Branch confidential interests and Executive privilege.”
The article goes on to state the following:
But Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said McGahn must secure a court order excusing him from appearing or face a contempt of Congress charge if he doesn’t appear.
House Judiciary Cmte. has given notice that May 21 hearing is scheduled for former White House Counsel McGahn’s testimony, though cmte. source says McGahn has not confirmed that he will attend.
Chairman Nadler has said McGahn will be subject to contempt if he does not attend.
— NBC Politics (@NBCPolitics) May 14, 2019
The panel subpoenaed McGahn to appear to discuss special counsel Robert Mueller’s report into Russian interference in the 2016 election and McGahn’s communications with the president regarding the probe. https://t.co/YRhuRjEaFh
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales