REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — The cost of the Justice Department’s ongoing investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election is now roughly $25 million, according to a new report filed Friday by the special counsel’s office.
Friday’s accounting provided the latest figures covering only the period for April 2018 through September 2018, with special counsel Robert Mueller listing direct expenditures of nearly $4.6 million.
The article goes on to state the following:
Another roughly $3.9 million was reported as costs for the work of other Justice and FBI officials who have assisted the investigation but are not under Mueller’s direct control. According to the report, those investigation costs would have been incurred “irrespective of the existence of the (special counsel’s office).”
The department previously reported $6.7 million in direct and indirect costs from May through September 2017, and $10 million from October 2017 through March 2018 — bringing the total from all three reports over the life of the investigation to just over $25 million. Of that amount, only $12.3 million is the special counsel’s direct expenditures.
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter
- REPORT: Poll: Voters in red state view Pelosi more favorably than Trump