REPORT: Kamala Harris given several ‘Pinocchios’ by fact checker over recent claim
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Washington Post fact-checker gave Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., “four Pinocchios” for how she described Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s comments about birth control during his confirmation hearing.
Harris, along with other Democrats, has warned that Kavanaugh could undermine women’s access to birth control, accusing him of referring to the contraception as “abortion-inducing drugs.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Kavanaugh used the term when discussing a lawsuit brought by an anti-abortion religious group challenging Obamacare rules on providing coverage for contraception.
The Washington Post fact-checker said Kavanaugh referring to “they said,” demonstrates “he is merely reflecting the plaintiffs’ argument.”
The newspaper also cited Kavanaugh’s dissent in the case, in which he wrote, “They complain that submitting the required form contravenes their religious beliefs because doing so, in their view, makes them complicit in providing coverage for contraceptives, including some that they believe operate as abortifacients.”
“She earns four Pinocchios — and her fellow Democrats should drop this talking point,” the fact-checker said.
DML News offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
“Kavanaugh chooses his words very carefully, and this is a dog whistle for going after birth control. He was nominated for the purpose of taking away a woman’s constitutionally protected right to make her own health care decisions. Make no mistake – this is about punishing women.”
— Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.), in a tweet, Sept. 7, 2018
Harris took aim at Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh for comments he made regarding “abortion-inducing drugs” when discussing a case brought by an antiabortion religious group challenging Obamacare rules on providing employees health coverage for contraception. She is not the only Senate Democrat to claim that Kavanaugh might undermine access to birth control if he wins a seat on the court — here’s Elizabeth Warren, Jeff Merkley and Dianne Feinstein — but we will focus on Harris because she tweeted out a video that snipped out a key part of his statement.
Kavanaugh chooses his words very carefully, and this is a dog whistle for going after birth control. He was nominated for the purpose of taking away a woman’s constitutionally protected right to make her own health care decisions. Make no mistake – this is about punishing women. pic.twitter.com/zkBjXzIvQI
— Kamala Harris (@SenKamalaHarris) September 7, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News
- Border Protection seized enough fentanyl to kill entire population of the United States
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- EXCLUSIVE: Judge Jeanine Pirro makes public comments on Fox News controversy
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- RESEARCH: Number of Muslims in the US; how many are radical; impact on welfare
- REPORT: Mark Meadows views NEW ‘Strzok coverup’ material at DOJ
- REPORT: Ariana Grande fans angry over her new wax figure. See why.
- BREAKING: California judge BLOCKS border wall plan
- Princess Diana’s death was no accident, say couple who witnessed crash