REPORT: Kamala Harris given several ‘Pinocchios’ by fact checker over recent claim
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Washington Post fact-checker gave Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., “four Pinocchios” for how she described Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s comments about birth control during his confirmation hearing.
Harris, along with other Democrats, has warned that Kavanaugh could undermine women’s access to birth control, accusing him of referring to the contraception as “abortion-inducing drugs.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Kavanaugh used the term when discussing a lawsuit brought by an anti-abortion religious group challenging Obamacare rules on providing coverage for contraception.
The Washington Post fact-checker said Kavanaugh referring to “they said,” demonstrates “he is merely reflecting the plaintiffs’ argument.”
The newspaper also cited Kavanaugh’s dissent in the case, in which he wrote, “They complain that submitting the required form contravenes their religious beliefs because doing so, in their view, makes them complicit in providing coverage for contraceptives, including some that they believe operate as abortifacients.”
“She earns four Pinocchios — and her fellow Democrats should drop this talking point,” the fact-checker said.
DML News offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
“Kavanaugh chooses his words very carefully, and this is a dog whistle for going after birth control. He was nominated for the purpose of taking away a woman’s constitutionally protected right to make her own health care decisions. Make no mistake – this is about punishing women.”
— Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.), in a tweet, Sept. 7, 2018
Harris took aim at Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh for comments he made regarding “abortion-inducing drugs” when discussing a case brought by an antiabortion religious group challenging Obamacare rules on providing employees health coverage for contraception. She is not the only Senate Democrat to claim that Kavanaugh might undermine access to birth control if he wins a seat on the court — here’s Elizabeth Warren, Jeff Merkley and Dianne Feinstein — but we will focus on Harris because she tweeted out a video that snipped out a key part of his statement.
Kavanaugh chooses his words very carefully, and this is a dog whistle for going after birth control. He was nominated for the purpose of taking away a woman’s constitutionally protected right to make her own health care decisions. Make no mistake – this is about punishing women. pic.twitter.com/zkBjXzIvQI
— Kamala Harris (@SenKamalaHarris) September 7, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter