REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day

BY TEAM DML / AUGUST 18, 2018 /

GET the DML NEWS APP (FREE) Click Here

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:

The movie “Billionaire Boys Club,” which features disgraced actor Kevin Spacey, made just $126 at the box office on its opening day Friday, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Sources told THR that the film, which opened in 10 theaters in select states, that the total marked “the worst showing of a film” starring Spacey. THR notes that the total averages out to fewer than two tickets sold for the film per venue.

The article goes on to state the following:

The film’s poor showing comes months after Spacey faced several accusations of sexual harassment from coworkers on the hit Netflix series “House of Cards.”

Netflix booted Spacey from the show and a sexual assault case against the actor is reportedly being reviewed by the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

Vertical Entertainment, the distributor of the movie, had previously released a statement imploring moviegoers to enjoy the film despite Spacey’s role, which the company characterized as minor and said it hoped would not take away from the overall production.

To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.

Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW



DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com

1 Comment

  1. Pixie August 19th, 2018 at 2:21 pm

    Nobody went to see it because that story was told on TV back in 1987. Waiting 30 years to recast a bad movie with a bunch of old actors is stupid. I seriously doubt that the reason it bomber had anything to do with Spacey, and everything to do with it being an OLD story.

    Reply

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *