REPORT: Kremlin blasts new U.S. sanctions as ‘absolutely illegal’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Politico:
New U.S. sanctions against Russia are “absolutely illegal” under international law, a spokesman for the Kremlin said Thursday after news of the penalties sent the Russian currency plummeting.
The fresh set of sanctions are the result of a just-concluded investigation into Russia’s alleged use of the illegal nerve agent Novichok in an assassination attempt against ex-spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia Skripal in the United Kingdom. The sanctions are set to take effect at the end of August and come on the heels of President Donald Trump’s much-criticized meeting last month with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The article goes on to state the following:
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov slammed the economic penalties, but maintained that Russian finances are “stable,” according to Reuters. Russia has denied any involvement in the attack against the Skripals.
“Making a linking to these events is for us unacceptable and such restrictions like those passed by the American side earlier… are absolutely illegal and do not correspond to international law,” Peskov said, according to Reuters.
Kremlin spokesman calls new US sanctions against Russia “absolutely illegal”, “ says it is “categorically unacceptable” to link these sanctions to Salisbury & claims Russia “could not have any connection to the use of chemical weapons.”
— Steve Rosenberg (@BBCSteveR) August 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by Politico, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
New U.S. sanctions against Russia are “absolutely illegal” under international law, a spokesman for the Kremlin said Thursday after news of the penalties sent the Russian currency plummeting https://t.co/whG491C6PI
— POLITICO (@politico) August 9, 2018
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) August 9, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump admits paying off mortgage in old video clip
- REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: Over 70 former intel officers and leaders denounce Trump’s threat to revoke clearances
- REPORT: Ex-employee ‘whistleblower’ makes disturbing allegations against Tesla
- BREAKING: Trump lawyer cooperating, sharing details for Mueller probe
- REPORT: Insider says FDNY brawl ‘one of the most severe beatings seen on tape’
- REPORT: U.S. special counsel recommends six months in prison for Papadopoulos
- REPORT: Military Judge issues stunning ruling on 9/11 Guantánamo detainees