REPORT: Kris Kobach sees ‘no need’ to recuse himself from recount in governor’s race. No law requires it.
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by KANSASCITY.COM:
Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said Wednesday that he has no plans to recuse himself from a recount process in the race for governor because any counting of ballots would take place at the county level.
“The recount thing is done on a county level, so the secretary of state does not actually participate directly in the recount,” Kobach said at a campaign event in Topeka after initial results showed him winning by fewer than 200 votes.
“The secretary of state’s office merely serves as a coordinating entity overseeing it all but not actually counting the votes,” Kobach said, contending that his role puts him at arm’s length from the actual recount.
The article goes on to state the following:
No law requires Kobach to recuse himself, but legal and political experts said that he should do so to maintain trust in the election.
No law prevents Kris Kobach from overseeing the likely recount in his own racehttps://t.co/xv4h5JeRdB
— Anita Kumar (@anitakumar01) August 8, 2018
— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 8, 2018
All precincts reporting in Kansas and Kobach leads Colyer by 191 votes.
— Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur) August 8, 2018
— Sharon Hoffmann (@Sharonakc) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by KANSASCITY.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting KANSASCITY.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- BREAKING: Trump campaign takes legal action, seeks ‘millions’ against Omarosa for violating nondisclosure
- VIDEO: Omarosa drops new bombshell, makes claim about Trump’s knowledge of hacked DNC emails
- BREAKING: Kansas Gov. concedes race for GOP nomination to Trump ally Kris Kobach (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Katrina Pierson releases statement after Omarosa releases audio discussing ‘N-word’ tape
- DML TV: Heroic mom fights off child-snatcher in broad daylight
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- BREAKING: At least 5 shot inside Philadelphia-area Walmart, suspect in custody
- REPORT: Omarosa responds to arbitration action filed by Trump campaign
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government