REPORT: Kris Kobach sees ‘no need’ to recuse himself from recount in governor’s race. No law requires it.
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by KANSASCITY.COM:
Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach said Wednesday that he has no plans to recuse himself from a recount process in the race for governor because any counting of ballots would take place at the county level.
“The recount thing is done on a county level, so the secretary of state does not actually participate directly in the recount,” Kobach said at a campaign event in Topeka after initial results showed him winning by fewer than 200 votes.
“The secretary of state’s office merely serves as a coordinating entity overseeing it all but not actually counting the votes,” Kobach said, contending that his role puts him at arm’s length from the actual recount.
The article goes on to state the following:
No law requires Kobach to recuse himself, but legal and political experts said that he should do so to maintain trust in the election.
No law prevents Kris Kobach from overseeing the likely recount in his own racehttps://t.co/xv4h5JeRdB
— Anita Kumar (@anitakumar01) August 8, 2018
— Fox News (@FoxNews) August 8, 2018
All precincts reporting in Kansas and Kobach leads Colyer by 191 votes.
— Sahil Kapur (@sahilkapur) August 8, 2018
— Sharon Hoffmann (@Sharonakc) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by KANSASCITY.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting KANSASCITY.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ohio woman’s cancer disappears after groundbreaking clinical trial
- REPORT: McConnell responds to news of fiery White House meeting
- REPORT: Vice President Pence became a viral meme on Twitter today
- VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
- REPORT: The one particular person who wasn’t invited to George H.W. Bush’s funeral
- BREAKING: Mexico is closing off border in key region
- BREAKING: Sentence announced for Michael Cohen, President Trump’s Ex-Lawyer
- BREAKING: Publisher of National Enquirer claims it paid hush money to help Trump
- REPORT: Dad heard three-year-old daughter scream as uncle slashed her throat (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Democrat refugee Rep-elect Ilhan Omar claims Dems are closer to impeaching Trump