REPORT: LA Drops All Criminal Charges Against Black Lives Matter Leader, Including Battery On A Cop
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
A civil rights lawyer representing a founding member of Black Lives Matter announced on Friday that the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office dismissed all eight criminal charges against his client.
Dr. Melina Abdullah, a college professor who also leads the L.A. chapter of Black Lives Matter, was charged with infractions stemming from her anti-cop activism at LAPD Commission meetings. Charges included battery on a police officer, and she could have faced more than a year in jail if convicted. City prosecutors made a deal with Abdullah on February 7, agreeing to drop all charges if she adhered to behavior guidelines for six months.
The article goes on to state the following:
“While the dismissal of all charges against this noble warrior is a great victory, the battle for justice is not over,” attorney Carl E. Douglas, who is representing Abdullah pro bono, told L.A. Progressive.
“We intend to vindicate this violation of her civil rights by filing a federal civil rights lawsuit and exposing a corrupt police officer who wanted to silence this strong voice of change,” Douglas continued.
The video below shows the May, 2018 incident Abdullah was arrested for.
Fox11 Los Angeles explains: “Two women were detained Tuesday after an unknown powdery substance was thrown at LAPD Chief Charlie Beck during a police commission hearing. Sheila Hines-Brim, who allegedly threw the powdery substance, and Professor Melina Abdullah, who allegedly assaulting a police officer as police cleared the room, according to authorities. Abdullah joined us on Good Day LA to share her side of what happened.”
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Impeachment prediction: Obama will be nailed in the end
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’