REPORT: Largest fundraiser campaign in GoFundMe history revealed
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by BUZZFEEDNEWS.COM:
In a sign of #MeToo’s influence in 2018, crowdfunding giant GoFundMe announced Thursday that a legal defense fund for victims of workplace sexual misconduct raised more money than any other campaign this year — making it the biggest fundraiser in the history of the platform.
The Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund has brought in more than $22 million since its launch in December 2017. Last year’s top campaign, which raised money for victims of the Las Vegas mass shooting, amassed just over half that: $11.7 million. Moreover, the Hollywood-backed campaign came close to matching what all of the top 10 campaigns of 2017 combined earned (about $23.5 million). And while nearly $30 million was raised on GoFundMe this year for California fires relief, those donations were spread across several campaigns; Time’s Up is the largest single fundraiser.
The article goes on to state the following:
As the Time’s Up fund thrived in 2018, victims of sexual misconduct in desperate financial situations took notice.
CLICK HERE to read more from BuzzFeed News.
Time’s Up Has Raised More Money Than Any Other GoFundMe Campaign In History https://t.co/R15uoj6JEr
— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) December 6, 2018
“Time’s Up” has raised more than $22 million for victims of sexual misconduct – the biggest fundraiser in GoFundMe history https://t.co/L6ESiaTt3o
— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) December 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit BUZZFEEDNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting BUZZFEEDNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Theresa May’s resignation announcement
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists