REPORT: Lawmakers close in on funding deal for border wall that may not meet Trump’s expectations
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNN.com:
Washington (CNN) — Republican and Democratic negotiators are exchanging border security proposals that contain far less funding for the border wall than President Donald Trump has demanded, with just days left before a deadline to release their bill ahead of another potential government shutdown.
The latest proposals peg the topline funding number for border barriers around $2 billion, according to two people familiar with the talks. That number is far below the $5.7 billion that Trump has requested and repeatedly described as the number he wants met, but is in line with where people familiar with the talks thought an agreement may end.
The article goes on to state the following:
Meanwhile, conservative lawmakers on the board of the House Freedom Caucus met Thursday at the White House with Trump about border security funding, according to a source familiar with the discussion. GOP Reps. Mark Meadows and Jim Jordan were among those at the meeting, which the source described as productive. Freedom Caucus members were among the conservatives who urged Trump in December to shut down the government if he could not secure wall funding at that level.
Lawmakers heading to funding deal with far less border money than Trump wants https://t.co/FRD655wzQK
— WXYZ Detroit (@wxyzdetroit) February 9, 2019
— KFDM News (@kfdmnews) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy