REPORT: Lawmakers close in on funding deal for border wall that may not meet Trump’s expectations
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNN.com:
Washington (CNN) — Republican and Democratic negotiators are exchanging border security proposals that contain far less funding for the border wall than President Donald Trump has demanded, with just days left before a deadline to release their bill ahead of another potential government shutdown.
The latest proposals peg the topline funding number for border barriers around $2 billion, according to two people familiar with the talks. That number is far below the $5.7 billion that Trump has requested and repeatedly described as the number he wants met, but is in line with where people familiar with the talks thought an agreement may end.
The article goes on to state the following:
Meanwhile, conservative lawmakers on the board of the House Freedom Caucus met Thursday at the White House with Trump about border security funding, according to a source familiar with the discussion. GOP Reps. Mark Meadows and Jim Jordan were among those at the meeting, which the source described as productive. Freedom Caucus members were among the conservatives who urged Trump in December to shut down the government if he could not secure wall funding at that level.
Lawmakers heading to funding deal with far less border money than Trump wants https://t.co/FRD655wzQK
— WXYZ Detroit (@wxyzdetroit) February 9, 2019
— KFDM News (@kfdmnews) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190