REPORT: Lawmakers vote to impeach all four members of their state’s Supreme Court
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The West Virginia House Judiciary Committee voted on Tuesday to impeach all four members of its state Supreme Court.
The panel approved 14 article of impeachment against the sitting justices, according to the Charleston Gazette-Mail, which moves forward the possibility of impeachment for the entirety of the Supreme Court in that state.
“It’s a sad day, and it certainly isn’t a cause for celebration,” Judiciary Chairman John Shott, a Repulibcan, said Tuesday as the articles were distributed to the committee members in the West Virginia House.
The article goes on to state the following:
The charges against Chief Justice Margaret Workman and Justices Robin Davis, Allen Loughry and Beth Walker, include “unnecessary and lavish spending” of taxpayer dollars to renovate their offices, maladministration, and corruption. All four justices are also charged with neglecting their duties to develop and maintain court policies regarding the use of state resources, like cars, computers, and funds.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
West Virginia lawmakers vote to impeach all four members of state Supreme Court https://t.co/APWaveu2Wb
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 8, 2018
West Virginia lawmakers recommend the impeachment of all sitting members of the state’s highest court after a weekslong probe over spending https://t.co/cbDKTQcMET
— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) August 7, 2018
Today I met with Evan Jenkins, and he told me he is considering running for the West Virginia Supreme Court. We need people with honesty and integrity to restore trust to the Court! #WV #WVGov pic.twitter.com/7A5bm6OP4a
— Governor Jim Justice (@WVGovernor) August 1, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rush to judgment? New details emerge on Native American elder’s standoff with MAGA-hat-wearing teens
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- REPORT: Plane makes emergency landing over poison concerns after passengers start ‘turning green,’ ‘suffocating’
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney: Pelosi ‘Commandeered’ The House On DACA Issue She’s Now Voting Against
- REPORT: Boy’s mother defends son after video of encounter with Native American man
- UPDATE: Thousands sign Catholic high school petition after students harass Native American man
- TRUMP TWEETS Pelosi and economy, DML responds
- REPORT: Jimmy Carter tells Dem Senator: ‘I hope you run for president’
- REPORT: Cardi B and Tomi Lahren get into Twitter fight over government shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez wades in
- REPORT: Longtime Dem to young congress members: ‘stop acting like young people’, Ocasio-Cortez responds