REPORT: Lawmakers vote to impeach all four members of their state’s Supreme Court
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The West Virginia House Judiciary Committee voted on Tuesday to impeach all four members of its state Supreme Court.
The panel approved 14 article of impeachment against the sitting justices, according to the Charleston Gazette-Mail, which moves forward the possibility of impeachment for the entirety of the Supreme Court in that state.
“It’s a sad day, and it certainly isn’t a cause for celebration,” Judiciary Chairman John Shott, a Repulibcan, said Tuesday as the articles were distributed to the committee members in the West Virginia House.
The article goes on to state the following:
The charges against Chief Justice Margaret Workman and Justices Robin Davis, Allen Loughry and Beth Walker, include “unnecessary and lavish spending” of taxpayer dollars to renovate their offices, maladministration, and corruption. All four justices are also charged with neglecting their duties to develop and maintain court policies regarding the use of state resources, like cars, computers, and funds.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
West Virginia lawmakers vote to impeach all four members of state Supreme Court https://t.co/APWaveu2Wb
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 8, 2018
West Virginia lawmakers recommend the impeachment of all sitting members of the state’s highest court after a weekslong probe over spending https://t.co/cbDKTQcMET
— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) August 7, 2018
Today I met with Evan Jenkins, and he told me he is considering running for the West Virginia Supreme Court. We need people with honesty and integrity to restore trust to the Court! #WV #WVGov pic.twitter.com/7A5bm6OP4a
— Governor Jim Justice (@WVGovernor) August 1, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- BREAKING: Trump campaign takes legal action, seeks ‘millions’ against Omarosa for violating nondisclosure
- VIDEO: Omarosa drops new bombshell, makes claim about Trump’s knowledge of hacked DNC emails
- BREAKING: Kansas Gov. concedes race for GOP nomination to Trump ally Kris Kobach (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- VIDEO: Katrina Pierson releases statement after Omarosa releases audio discussing ‘N-word’ tape
- DML TV: Heroic mom fights off child-snatcher in broad daylight
- BREAKING: At least 5 shot inside Philadelphia-area Walmart, suspect in custody
- REPORT: Omarosa responds to arbitration action filed by Trump campaign
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government