REPORT: Legislation being drafted would replace ICE with bipartisan group that includes ‘immigrants’ rights organizations’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Legislation being drafted by Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wis., to eradicate U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement would replace the agency in a year with a bipartisan group, according to a new report.
Congressional and minority party leaders would appoint eight members to the group. Nine members from the “major civil society and immigrants’ rights organizations and individuals directly impacted by ICE practices” would also be included in the group, the Washington Post reports.
The article goes on to state the following:
Additionally, measure requires that “total federal employment is not reduced with the abolition of ICE.”
The legislation, which has been distributed to House Democrats and is co-sponsored by Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and Rep. Adriano Espaillat, D-N.Y, also calls for an investigation into whether ICE agents disregarded international law.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Ohio woman’s cancer disappears after groundbreaking clinical trial
- BREAKING: Mexico is closing off border in key region
- VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
- VIDEO: Convicted child abuser goes berserk, attacks prosecutors in courtroom at sentencing
- BREAKING: Republican-led Senate breaks with Trump on Saudi vote
- BREAKING: Publisher of National Enquirer claims it paid hush money to help Trump
- BREAKING: Kansas state Republican switches party affiliation to Democrat
- BREAKING: House passes $867 billion farm bill, giving Trump major win
- REPORT: Incoming NY Attorney General claims she’ll do everything in her power to investigate Trump, and his family
- REPORT: Bah humbug! Trump CANCELS the traditional White House Christmas Party