REPORT: Legislation being drafted would replace ICE with bipartisan group that includes ‘immigrants’ rights organizations’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Legislation being drafted by Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wis., to eradicate U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement would replace the agency in a year with a bipartisan group, according to a new report.
Congressional and minority party leaders would appoint eight members to the group. Nine members from the “major civil society and immigrants’ rights organizations and individuals directly impacted by ICE practices” would also be included in the group, the Washington Post reports.
The article goes on to state the following:
Additionally, measure requires that “total federal employment is not reduced with the abolition of ICE.”
The legislation, which has been distributed to House Democrats and is co-sponsored by Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and Rep. Adriano Espaillat, D-N.Y, also calls for an investigation into whether ICE agents disregarded international law.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Co-Host of ‘The Five’ Is Reportedly Leaving Fox News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr screams about Valerie Jarrett in bizarre new video
- BREAKING: Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment (video)
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- BREAKING: RNC chooses city to host 2020 convention
- BREAKING: Surviving member of family who perished in duck boat crash gives heartbreaking interview (VIDEO)
- Trump Tweets: “Should have been done years ago!”
- REPORT: Man arrested for allegedly killing co-worker by forcing compressed air up his buttocks