REPORT: Legislation being drafted would replace ICE with bipartisan group that includes ‘immigrants’ rights organizations’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Legislation being drafted by Rep. Mark Pocan, D-Wis., to eradicate U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement would replace the agency in a year with a bipartisan group, according to a new report.
Congressional and minority party leaders would appoint eight members to the group. Nine members from the “major civil society and immigrants’ rights organizations and individuals directly impacted by ICE practices” would also be included in the group, the Washington Post reports.
The article goes on to state the following:
Additionally, measure requires that “total federal employment is not reduced with the abolition of ICE.”
The legislation, which has been distributed to House Democrats and is co-sponsored by Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and Rep. Adriano Espaillat, D-N.Y, also calls for an investigation into whether ICE agents disregarded international law.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation
- BREAKING: Ted Cruz Chased Out Of DC Restaurant By Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters (VIDEO)