REPORT: LGBT rights group claims middle school left transgender student alone during active shooter drill
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Virginia middle school is facing criticism after allegedly barring a transgender student from seeking shelter during an active shooter drill.
Equality Stafford, an LGBT rights group in Stafford, Va., wrote in a Facebook post that instructors at Stafford County Middle School forced the student to sit alone in the gym because they could not decide which bathroom or locker room to send her.
The article goes on to state the following:
Washington, D.C., LGBTQ publication Metro Weekly reported on the incident, which took place last week.
The other students in her class, following protocol, sheltered in the nearest bathroom or locker room to simulate where they would shelter if an active shooter attacked the school.
A Stafford County middle school is facing backlash after allegedly barring a transgender student from seeking shelter during an active shooter drill last week. https://t.co/XOGCWrIRey
— WGXA (@WGXAnews) October 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Disturbing details emerge on Fox meteorologist who had eye surgery, then took her own life
- BREAKING: Chris Christie releases statement on White House chief of staff role
- REPORT: Eight newly elected Dem governors skip out on meeting with Trump
- BREAKING: Fiance of missing Colorado mom driven away by deputies as FBI search team moves in on his ranch (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Maxine Waters’ Campaign ‘Debt’ to Daughter Skyrockets
- BREAKING: Beloved Fox TV meteorologist and mother-of-two takes her own life
- REPORT: Venezuelans now regretting gun ban that stripped them of their weapons
- REPORT: Justice Department releases total cost of Russia investigation since May 2017; it’s staggering
- REPORT: Beloved holiday singer opens up about his son’s fight against liver cancer
- POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?