REPORT: LGBT rights group claims middle school left transgender student alone during active shooter drill
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Virginia middle school is facing criticism after allegedly barring a transgender student from seeking shelter during an active shooter drill.
Equality Stafford, an LGBT rights group in Stafford, Va., wrote in a Facebook post that instructors at Stafford County Middle School forced the student to sit alone in the gym because they could not decide which bathroom or locker room to send her.
The article goes on to state the following:
Washington, D.C., LGBTQ publication Metro Weekly reported on the incident, which took place last week.
The other students in her class, following protocol, sheltered in the nearest bathroom or locker room to simulate where they would shelter if an active shooter attacked the school.
A Stafford County middle school is facing backlash after allegedly barring a transgender student from seeking shelter during an active shooter drill last week. https://t.co/XOGCWrIRey
— WGXA (@WGXAnews) October 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- BREAKING: Man broke into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s office: Police
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- DML LIVE: Update on TeamDML email campaign to Fox News (Sun – June 16)
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- 2-year-old sings National Anthem
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez warns of ‘very real risk’ of Trump win in 2020, Trump responds