REPORT: LGBT rights group claims middle school left transgender student alone during active shooter drill
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A Virginia middle school is facing criticism after allegedly barring a transgender student from seeking shelter during an active shooter drill.
Equality Stafford, an LGBT rights group in Stafford, Va., wrote in a Facebook post that instructors at Stafford County Middle School forced the student to sit alone in the gym because they could not decide which bathroom or locker room to send her.
The article goes on to state the following:
Washington, D.C., LGBTQ publication Metro Weekly reported on the incident, which took place last week.
The other students in her class, following protocol, sheltered in the nearest bathroom or locker room to simulate where they would shelter if an active shooter attacked the school.
A Stafford County middle school is facing backlash after allegedly barring a transgender student from seeking shelter during an active shooter drill last week. https://t.co/XOGCWrIRey
— WGXA (@WGXAnews) October 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ producers announce decision on Jussie Smollett following charges
- REPORT: Democrat congress members took $60,000 trip to attend Beyonce concert in South Africa
- VIDEO: Trump has a plan to deal with attempt to block emergency order
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez rips media for reporting on her new luxury high-rise
- VIDEO: State senator calls U.S. flag a ‘rag,’ compares it to Nazi symbol, GOP senator gives emotional response
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: Boy, 4, dies after being impaled in freak household accident
- REPORT: Covington Catholic lawyer ‘looking very carefully’ at Bill Maher over ‘defamatory’ statements (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Singer R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse