REPORT: Liberal actress was instrumental in Biden’s abortion about-face
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Former Vice President Joe Biden flipped his stance on the Hyde Amendment — which bans the use of federal funds to pay for abortions — after his campaign spoke with actress-turned-activist Alyssa Milano, according to a report.
Biden, who’s seeking the Democratic 2020 presidential nomination, suddenly reversed his position Thursday on the long-standing congressional ban after two days of intense criticism from rivals and women’s rights groups.
The article goes on to state the following:
On Wednesday, the night before Biden, 76, went public with his newfound belief, Milano spoke with Biden’s campaign to discuss his position, The Atlantic reported.
According to reports, Biden’s campaign manager, Greg Schultz, was informed by Milano that Biden needed to change his stance on the Hyde Amendment.
Pressure from both inside and outside Joe Biden’s campaign, including an appeal from Alyssa Milano, led Biden to conclude he had to reconsider his position on the Hyde Amendment, according to campaign officials with direct knowledge of the discussions. https://t.co/owZvzgYgdg pic.twitter.com/1wKUVqGxut
— CNN (@CNN) June 7, 2019
Biden Took Marching Orders From Alyssa Milano On Abortion Flip-Flop…
Who will he listen to NEXT? https://t.co/daq8Wt1GX3
— Chuck Callesto (@ChuckCallesto) June 8, 2019
Alyssa Milano says jump, Biden campaign says how high? pic.twitter.com/FkHsprFMOr
— Rich Lowry (@RichLowry) June 8, 2019
Alyssa Milano weighed in, too! Apparently influential. People rushing to take credit for Biden Hyde change…https://t.co/HE5ZGJPP6i
— Byron York (@ByronYork) June 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week