REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
A lion escaped its enclosure and killed a worker at a North Carolina animal center during a routine cleaning, the center said Sunday. The lion was later shot and killed.
The fatal attack occurred at the Conservators Center in Burlington, North Carolina, about 50 miles northwest of Raleigh. The center said an animal keeper was leading a team of workers who were conducting a routine cleaning when one of the lions managed to escape a locked area and approach the group.
The lion “quickly killed one person,” the center said, noting it remains unclear how the lion managed to get out. The center did not identity the victim, saying next of kin had yet to be notified.
Officials from Caswell County, where the center is located, shot and killed the lion after the attack so they could safely retrieve the victim’s body.
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in