REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
A lion escaped its enclosure and killed a worker at a North Carolina animal center during a routine cleaning, the center said Sunday. The lion was later shot and killed.
The fatal attack occurred at the Conservators Center in Burlington, North Carolina, about 50 miles northwest of Raleigh. The center said an animal keeper was leading a team of workers who were conducting a routine cleaning when one of the lions managed to escape a locked area and approach the group.
The lion “quickly killed one person,” the center said, noting it remains unclear how the lion managed to get out. The center did not identity the victim, saying next of kin had yet to be notified.
Officials from Caswell County, where the center is located, shot and killed the lion after the attack so they could safely retrieve the victim’s body.
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: 2020 Dem candidate calls for House Democrats to ‘do something’ about Trump
- REPORT: NYC Police Union Releases Scathing Statement On De Blasio’s Failed Presidential Run
- VIDEO: Three undocumented MS-13 members arrested in stabbing of Long Island teen
- VIDEO: PolitiFact gives Hillary Clinton ‘Pants on Fire’ for recent allegation