REPORT: List released of business leaders dining with Trump amid trade row
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump will dine with just over a dozen business leaders at his resort in Bedminster, N.J. on Tuesday amid his ongoing trade disputes with several nations including Mexico, Canada and the European Union.
Politico’s Jake Sherman reported that Trump will dine with several industry leaders in resource management, manufacturing, and other fields impacted by the escalating trade conflict between the his administration and foreign nations.
The article goes on to state the following:
Included on the list are several companies hit specifically by Trump administration tariffs on paper, steel, and aluminum: International Paper’s Mark Sutton, Boeing’s Dennis Muilenberg, and Fiat Chrysler’s Michael Manley.
Indra Nooyi, CEO of PepsiCo, will also attend the dinner with the president Tuesday, according to Politico, as will Boston Beer’s Jim Koch. PepsiCo, which own orange juice brand Tropicana, faces a Canadian tariff on orange juice, while the managing director of the American Beverage Instituge called Trump’s tariffs on aluminum an “attack on American beer” last month.
— Jake Sherman (@JakeSherman) August 7, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments