REPORT: Live fires in GAZA cause 69 injuries to protesters, kills 7
The Associated Press is reporting that Gaza’s Health Ministry says the number of Palestinian protesters killed by Israeli army fire near the Gaza border has risen to seven.
Monday’s deaths bring to 49 the number of Palestinians killed during mass border marches that began in late March and are aimed at breaking a decade-old blockade of the territory.
The ministry says 500 people were wounded Monday, including at least 69 by live fire.
Israel has said it would prevent a potential breach of the Gaza border at all costs. It has drawn international criticism for what rights groups say are unlawful open-fire rules. Israel says it has the right to defend its border.
Monday’s protests also targeted the opening of the U.S. Embassy in contested Jerusalem later in the day.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice sends letter, has ‘beginning stages of dementia’
- VIDEO: Obama comments on improving economy
- REPORT: Restaurant where McConnell accosted releases statement
- REPORT: Kanye West pays debt for Chicago mayor candidate
- REPORT: Caravan migrants becoming sick due to severe conditions (Photos, Videos)