REPORT: Live fires in GAZA cause 69 injuries to protesters, kills 7
The Associated Press is reporting that Gaza’s Health Ministry says the number of Palestinian protesters killed by Israeli army fire near the Gaza border has risen to seven.
Monday’s deaths bring to 49 the number of Palestinians killed during mass border marches that began in late March and are aimed at breaking a decade-old blockade of the territory.
The ministry says 500 people were wounded Monday, including at least 69 by live fire.
Israel has said it would prevent a potential breach of the Gaza border at all costs. It has drawn international criticism for what rights groups say are unlawful open-fire rules. Israel says it has the right to defend its border.
Monday’s protests also targeted the opening of the U.S. Embassy in contested Jerusalem later in the day.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- Trump Tweet: Trolls Omarosa with special video
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to Trump revoking Brennan’s security clearance
- VIDEO: Police make arrest after 46 people overdose at Connecticut park
- BREAKING: Suspected ISIS member arrested in Sacramento County, allegedly committed ‘most heinous crimes’