REPORT: Lone Republican joins Democrats to rebuke Trump for leaving Paris climate deal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Republican Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania joined with more than 50 House Democrats Friday to introduce a bill affirming Congress’ support for the Paris climate agreement that President Trump rejected.
“Climate change must be addressed proactively with leaders from both sides of the aisle working to protect our planet,” Fitzpatrick said. “Every nation will be affected by climate change which is why nearly every country agreed to work to reduce carbon emissions. I continue to urge the administration not to leave the Paris Climate Accord — but in the meantime, Congress should send a message to the world: the people of the United States remain committed to pursuing bipartisan solutions to address climate change and protect our environment.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Fitzpatrick, a former FBI agent, is a leader of the bipartisan Climate Solutions Caucus. He is also the co-sponsor of a carbon tax bill that would return the proceeds to American households as a dividend check. He won re-election in November for his purple district in the middle-class suburbs of northeastern Pennsylvania.
Lone Republican Brian Fitzpatrick joins with Democrats to rebuke Trump for leaving Paris climate deal https://t.co/L9oPNnqVuW
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 8, 2019
— Nick Sobczyk (@nick_sobczyk) February 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190