REPORT: Louisiana declares state of emergency
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WAFB.COM:
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) – Governor John Bel Edwards has declared a state of emergency for Louisiana ahead of severe tropical weather expected to significantly impact the state, he announced Wednesday during a press conference.
“This is going to be a Louisiana event with coastal flooding and heavy rainfall potentially impacting every part of the state. No one should take this storm lightly,” Gov. Edwards said in a series of tweetsWednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We expect multiple parishes to declare states of emergency, and we stand ready to assist our local partners with all available resources. My office is in constant communication with FEMA and we will continue to provide updates as necessary,” he continued.
High-water vehicles are being moved into place along the Mississippi River in southeast Louisiana by the National Guard. They are also setting up command posts along coastal Louisiana.
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) July 10, 2019
Louisiana has declared a state of emergency as residents on the coast brace for the landfall of a potential hurricane this weekend. https://t.co/0eovqSpEFJ
— 12NewsNow (@12NewsNow) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WAFB.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments
Send this to a friend